Appt Today!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my first appt with my high risk doc today It went very well and I am feeling a lot better about my anxiety! There was a scare though...as he was doing the Ultrasound he asked when my positive pregnancy test was...I told him and he was like hmm...I don't see anything in the uterus, at this point I was like? Really bc I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and they saw the baby and everything, and then he was like well lets see if you have a tilted uterus. He had me spread my legs really wide (TMI I know..) and put the probe thing in there really far back and low and there my baby was! Hiding in the back with the little arms and legs just a moving playing hide and go seek Must have picked a good spot! The heartbeat was a strong 160 so that was great to hear. The doc looked over my ultrasound that was done at 6 weeks and they moved my Due Date to Dec 17th (4 days later). They said starting at 32 weeks I will be in 2 times a week to check fluid levels, baby activity, and do a stress test or something like that. I will also be induced at 39 weeks. I am very relieved that everything is going good so far. My next appt is on June 22nd and I will be 14W4D at that appt.
May 11th, 2009, 04:39 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear baby Fenwick is doing great!

That is weird about not seeing the baby at first. I also have a tilted uterus (but maybe it really was a hidden area or maybe some are more tilted than others?). Our baby's heartrate was 168 bpm, close to your baby's!

I'm also going to discuss being induced with my doctor's. I'm going to hear what they have to say but I do not want to go past my due date.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwww great news! Have you started the count down to the next appointment? I would have but I am obsessive That's awesome your doctor went over your care so you know that you will be closely followed! Are you happy about being induced at 39 weeks?

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

May 13th, 2009, 10:38 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm glad everything went so well!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraG View Post
Awwww great news! Have you started the count down to the next appointment? I would have but I am obsessive That's awesome your doctor went over your care so you know that you will be closely followed! Are you happy about being induced at 39 weeks?

I am very happy about being induced at 39 weeks, mostly because I know that will be a very stressful time for me. I am due December 17th and will be induced probably around the 10th. What is really going to be hard for me is December 1st is when I loss Alyssa so I will be so stressed I know it...I am hoping my doctor will be able to really monitor me at the end! If I had it my way I would sit in the hospital for the last 2 weeks just straight monitoring!!!!!!!

And I have a little countdown Especially since after that appointment I will start telling people (outside of my comfort zone)!!!!
May 14th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Jen, I have exactly the same fear as you. I am due November 24 and I don't want to go past 40 weeks. They may even want to induce me earlier than that (like 39 weeks). Roald's birthday is November 15 so I don't want to be induced then and I'll most likely still be pregnant so I'm scared because I know I'll be a wreck.

Laura-I am obsessive too. I have all sorts of countdowns and stuff when I'm pregnant, especially this time.

May 14th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, I've been induced early on both my successive babies because of stress. I lost Cora at 38w1d, so I was induced with Erin on the day of 38 weeks. I felt a bit more courageous with Patrick, so I wanted to go into labor on my own but didn't make it. I was induced 39w2d because I was so stressed out. Maybe with the next one I'll go into labor on my own...

But I was terrified of going over my due date with Patrick too. So much so my blood pressure was starting to go up a bit (thus the induction when it was).

May 14th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Even though I lost Ethan at 18 weeks, I will probably ask to be induced at 39 or 40 weeks. Also - can I ask them for weekly sonograms, just for my own sanity? Is that something doctors will do?

May 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Even though I lost Ethan at 18 weeks, I will probably ask to be induced at 39 or 40 weeks. Also - can I ask them for weekly sonograms, just for my own sanity? Is that something doctors will do?
You can always ask. If they have an ultrasound machine in their office I think they're more willing to do it. Mine does and I got a weekly u/s the last 4 weeks. Probably would have started those sooner if my insurance had started sooner.

May 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I would ask. Even if they say they won't do it every week they will probably offer you at least once a month or every 2 or 3 weeks.

They seemed rather excited to be giving me my ultrasound last week but when I was bleeding the other day they told me I was getting one, then when they heard the heartbeat on the doppler they kept saying it wa sno longer necessary. I was kind of thinking like geez thanks alot now I'm going to go crazy.

May 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I just know I'm going to need ultrasounds. Dopplers won't do it for me, because Ethan's heartbeat was so strong - deceptively strong. He was so very very sick, but because his heartbeat was normal, we didn't know. If I hadn't demanded an ultrasound because I was spotting, I probably wouldn't have known until his anatomy scan 2 weeks later, and we know now from the autopsy report that by then he would have been dead. So now I am super ultra mega paranoid, and I'm just not going to feel safe unless I see the baby every week and can see that the amniotic fluid is normal. I have good insurance, I am definitely going to ask for as many ultrasounds as I can get.

May 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah...I think if you have good insurance that makes them all the more comofrtable with the frequent ultrasounds. Just be honest and share your fears and hopefully they will be accomodating. I feel the same way...At my 11 week ultrasound I was already asking her what the umbilical cord looked like and wondering if he or she was measuring small.

May 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca-- I bet u will get weekly ones near the end of your pregnancy because of the diabetes. That is a big reason I got so many. I would hace asked for more u/s but I was at the hospital weekly, sometimes twice, so that was reassurance for me. It was a double edged sword though because i loved the extra everything but it was also a constant reminder, not that being pregnant itself wasn't a daily reminder though. Hopefully u will get the nst and bi-physicals too as extra reassurance. And they might induce you by 38 weeks but of course I can only talk from my experience and what the doctors recommended for me.
Bonnie and Jenn -- I know it will be scary to be pregnant during your angleversaries. I had a mini breakdown near the end of my 2nd pregnancy because it was on the same time line as my first and I was just freaked out. I ended up having Owen on Jake's due date and that was emotionally rough but i think no matter when I was induced it would have been emotionally rough.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

May 14th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraG View Post
It was a double edged sword though because i loved the extra everything but it was also a constant reminder, not that being pregnant itself wasn't a daily reminder though.
That's how it was for me, too. I loved all the NSTs and ultrasounds, but there was SUCH terrible anxiety before each test. Like, I was just expecting bad news. I almost asked to drop to only one NST a week, but then I realized I actually needed them. As hard as it was beforehand, I felt good enough afterward to last a couple of days, and I needed that.

May 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Proud Momma
sorry I missed this thread. Glad to hear everything's going well, Jen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search