My new favorite boy name for another baby...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
LOL! I totally collect names and always have some sort of list.

For a girl I really like Alia Reine (AH-lya Ren). Reine is the french word for the queen, and is my stillborn sister's middle name.

But for a boy (just came across this one) I really like Hamilton. I think it's so cute. So if I ended up with another of each, I'd have Cora, Erin, Patrick, Alia, and Hamilton.

June 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I want a boy named Oliver or Aiden, but DH hates both. I like really unusual names, and DH doesn't. And since he had such a negative experience growing up Catholic, he's not into anything remotely biblical.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
u thinking of another baby so soon brittanie?.....

its cute hun all 5 names really go nicley!

June 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claire1979 View Post
u thinking of another baby so soon brittanie?.....

its cute hun all 5 names really go nicley!

I've been planning baby names since I was 7 Claire! It's not a habit one breaks easily! lol. I think just 2 more. I come from a family of 7 and he comes from a family of 6, so it doesn't seem like all that many to me.

June 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
DH totally doesn't understand why I've been collecting baby name ideas since childhood. He also didn't understand why I had been planning my dream wedding since I was little.

June 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Boys just don't get it...lol

I love names too. I like the name Aiden, but it is very popular hre now, so I wouldn't use it.

There are a lot of names i like that DH doesn't. We didn;t reall yhave a girl name this time around. But, if we have another boy it will be Killian James.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
DH totally doesn't understand why I've been collecting baby name ideas since childhood. He also didn't understand why I had been planning my dream wedding since I was little.
Totally me too! lol I just told DH that it's a thing that girls do. But he doesn't believe me because neither of his sisters did. It's not my fault that they're weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
Boys just don't get it...lol

I love names too. I like the name Aiden, but it is very popular hre now, so I wouldn't use it.

There are a lot of names i like that DH doesn't. We didn;t reall yhave a girl name this time around. But, if we have another boy it will be Killian James.
Aiden was one of my favorites for a long time too. And then all those celtic sounding -en names (Aiden, Hayden, Kaiden, etc) became too popular for me.

June 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Right now I'm trying to figure out what pregnancy nickname I'll use with my next baby. Ethan was Tadpole.

June 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
My babies all had candy nicknames. It started by accident. lol. Cora was a gummy bear because that's what she looked like on the first u/s. Erin was Jelly Bean, because that's what she looked like (it was an earlier u/s...lol). I shortened it to Jelly eventually. Then Patrick was Reeses (as in pieces...I think. Might have been a peanut butter cup...=p). I don't know what my next one will be. Skittles?

June 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Proud Momma
I've had my list of baby names and I planned my wedding since I was like 10 or so. I think it's just a girl thing. Guys just don't understand.

We like very simple, but not super common names. Our faves are Rachel, Brandon, and Austin. They're not too unique, but ones that we can both agree on. Katrina was always 2nd on my list after Rachel, so I'm glad we got to so far use one of my fave girl names (it had more meaning, that's why we chose it over Rachel).
June 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
My sister was going to be a Rachel, until the night my mom delivered, she had a dream that she was having a girl named Julie, so Julie it is. And I have a cousin named Brandon.

I always thought it would make for a good laugh to name my kid after a place (like Austin) and then, when they are a melodramatic teenager, tell them that's where they were conceived.

June 3rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our pregnancy nickname the first time we were pregnant was Terry because it's unisex and Bill has this thing about women always referring to an unborn baby as the baby. He said it reminded him too much of his ex and that episode of Seinfeld where everyone keeps saying "the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby". lol. But then I miscarried. So when I was pregnant with Roald until 21 weeks he was Terry 2. And now this baby I simply call T3 lol.

I have always liked old-fashioned names. To me Roald actually sounded kind of trendy after awhile but I still liked it for its hard Norwegian sound. But really to me it's a little not old-fashioned-sounding enough. But Bill picked it and I'm happy with it. Now Bill is very accomodating and picks some outrageously old-fashioned names (like right now for a boy Virgil is on the top of his list LOLOL) because I have always said I wanted 10 kids since I was little and I have always liked old stuff, including names. No one believed me all growing up that I would name a girl Vera (pronounced Vee-ruh) but that is most definitely the name we are using for a girl!

I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, I know alot of people like those names, but names like Aiden and Alexis, etc. really drive me bonkers. Everytime I turn around someone else is naming their baby one of those names. But I think that happens alot through the years, the popular names just change. Like there were 6 Amandas in my grade in school!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
June 3rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
My mom wanted to name my brother Aidan, but this was 25 years ago, it wa snot popular at that time. My parents seem to do that. Pick a name and then it gets popular. I have abrother Conor, he is 28, almost 29. There were no Conor's back then, now there are a bunch. And y sister Nora, very rare 22 years ago, now popular...lol

I am fairly certain there will not be a million Caroleighs as my daughter is growing up.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Funny, Meghan, my parents sort of did that with my name. More like they were on the vanguard of the "Brittney" popularity. It first hit the top 200 in 1979, and I was born in 1983. They'd never heard of anyone named Brittanie. At least they spelled it differently.

June 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I forgot to meniton my other brother his name is Manus, I doubt that one will ever get hugely popular...lol I also think Colm, even in its vritions is not very popular. I have seen Collin, which is the same meaning but not Collum/Colm.

Sail Back to Me
June 4th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
Unfortunately I got stuck with a ridiculously popular name (jessica) which I can't stand. I hear it ALLLLLL the time! For our next, I wanted to name a boy Trevor Edward, which is what I was supposed to be, but my husband said no. he has picked and I agreed with Reegan Edward. I love that name! For a girl, we agreed on Madelyn Francis, the Francis being in memory of his mom. I don't like that Madelyn is a popular name, but I'll live with it cause I do really like the name. DH is hard to please cause he is picky so he shot down almost all the names I picked. So I will take what I can get
June 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah, my husband shoots down most of my names too. Hamilton wasn't an automatic "um, no." so that's an improvement! But he wasn't really paying attention to me. We'll see what happens when I'm pregnant again with a boy (by then I probably won't even like Hamilton anymore)

June 4th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We chose Connor because it was the only one we could both agree on. We both loved Evangeline (which isn't that popular, but I see that at least one other mommy liked it ), and our names for this one are Chloe and Declan, again neither is really popular. I like names that sound like they will produce interesting people, if you know what I mean. That is how I chose names. I think of a person with that name and imagine what they would be like. If I can get a clear image and like what I see, I like the name.

June 6th, 2009, 08:19 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
So far we have a couple of names picked out. I've been working on girls names mostly, because Kayla was my most favorite and Kaitlin we decided together.

For now we both like Cadence, Zade and Jaidyn for a girl. For a boy I like Jaiden (same as girl, just spelled different) Noah and Devin. It's so hard right now not knowing the gender, but at least we have something.

We don't have a nickname for the baby yet. After the first u/s we might come up with something, but we're not huge on nicknames.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search