Dr. Appt Tomorrow (Monday 6/22) **Updated post #5 w/ good news**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey Everyone- I am so stressed lately. Its so bad. I can't help it though. Tomorrow is my 14 weeks appt...I can't help but be worried about it. I hate how I work myself up thinking something has gone wrong. I shouldn't be worried...I carried a healthy baby to full term before...if there wasn't a knot in the darn cord I would have an almost 7 month old here with me...instead im sick to my stomach worrying that I am going to hear bad news tomorrow. I want to be positive about this pregnancy. Don't get me wrong. I am sooooooo excited...im just also sooooo nervous. I am afraid to get attached because I don't want my heart ripped out and stomped on again. I am not sure if this fear will go away until I am holding this baby in my arms...breathing.
I keep telling myself that everything will be okay...Alyssa is watching over me and her little brother or sister and she will make sure that everythings okay...but I still live my life in the what if's. I hate that I have become such a negative person...I am not negative...I have always lived my life in the most positive way possible...I look for the positive side of everything...I am one of those annoyingly positive people. If its raining outside...I don't complain...instead I think...Well all the flowers will be watered! Even after Alyssa died I tried to stay positive...when i got pregnant again so soon it brought out this negative side of me and I hate it. I want to be care free... I don't want to worry about what will happen. I want to be thinking When I bring this baby home...not hopefully when....
I am going to talk to my doctor about it tomorrow.

For all of you that have had babies after your loss did you think this way also? is there any advice you can give me? I don't want to be negative...I don't think its fair to this baby. I know Alyssa wouldn't want me being so negative but I can't help it...it consumes my mind.

Ugh.... Also, sorry I haven't been around lately. We moved and are settled in good, we have the internet and everything but I just haven't been on JM or the internet too much lately.

Last edited by SimplyJenalee; June 22nd, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
June 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yes, I felt the very same way. Both times. It really sucks that all the joy and excitement of pregnancy got torn away from us too. I had to take it day by day and do my best to force myself to think positively. Sometimes it worked.

Here's hoping everything turns out beautifully at your appointment.

June 22nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
yes me too i felt it every day till she was born its blooming hard too cause u try and tell yourself that its gonna be ok and then u say your kidding yourself! it was and is a vicious circle!

i found getting to certain milestones easier i had something to focus on each time its still hard but i got there.

big big hugs hun x x x x

June 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same with the 3 other pregnancies I had. Some days were much better than others and I just took it appointment by appointment really. My dh was very good because he always talked about 'when' the baby came home and not 'if' and that helped to not fuel my panicking.
What helped me was knowing the due date. that I would be induced and i would not have to go 40 weeks ever again.
KUP posted about your appointment.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

June 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
okay OT...Ugh so annoyed right now...just typed up this big long thing about my appt and then my wonderful cat decided to step on the keyboard and it disappeared!

Anyway.... My appt went great. When I first got there though my blood pressure was soooooo high the nurses had me lie down to relax a bit. I couldn't help it though, I was just soooo worried...the nurse talked to me for a bit, and then the social worker for the hospital came in to talk about my anxiety. They were very nice and helpful but all I really wanted was to see my doctor so I could hear the heartbeat!!!! Finally...an hour later...I got to see my doctor and hear that wonderful thumping Baby's HB was a strong 155. I was estatic...after that I was calm and my nerves and anxiety was gone. They took my blood pressure again right before I left and it was completely normal! Shows how much nerves and anxiety can mess with me. Anywho...my next appt is July 21st. On that day I have my big ultrasound where I can hopefully find out the gender if baby cooperates And I have my OB appt following the ultrasound. So excited but equally nervous still!

Oh yeah... I told the social worker that I have been connecting with you guys online and she said that it is a great support group and I should stay involved! You all are great! I hate that we had to go through what we all went though...but I am so glad we were able to find each other. Big Hugs!
June 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome news Jen! I am very glad you are relieved and got to hear the heartbeat
Any time I had high bp the nurse would tell me to lie on my left side so when I would get stressed at home I would do that hoping it would help lower my pressure.
I hope the baby co-operates on the 21st!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

June 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
yep, and the anxiety-induced rise in blood pressure was part of the reason my OB and I decided to just induce Patrick. Worry really takes a toll on you!

I'm SO glad everything looks good though! YAY! You would think that they would have thought about the fact that hearing the heartbeat would reassure you more than a social worker....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search