Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2009, 10:44 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay...Bill started a new job that seemed wonderful and had great insurance in Feb. We got pregnanct in March so I didn't get to have my first appt. until May and I was 11 weeks. So...Tuesday his boss basically tells him the business is over.

I....do....not...care....how...sorry...he...is...r ight...now. Talk about the worst freaking timing to leave us uninsured jerkwad. I am 19 weeks. I have an appt. July 10 and originally my ultrasound wasn't until July 24 when I'd be 22 wks 3 days. I told them that my insurance might not last that long so they moved it to July 14. So once that runs out I will be uninsured. We can afford to pay for just appointments out of pocket (or barely afford I should say) but my OB plan was that after 22 weeks I was to have frequent ultrasounds and some more testing. If I apply for medical access if I am accepted it will take 30 days at least to kick in which will mean I will be 24-25 weeks and that is when Roald died. The OB wanted to be checking me on US at that time to make sure this baby is doi9ng okay and also to try to keep my nerves calmed at the stage Roald died (Roald was dead ofr days inside me and I didn;t even know it and I am sooo scared of this happening again).

So now we are effed basically. Unless Bill can sweet talk his old job (he is there now, they're most likely hiring him back) into giving us the insurace before 90 days we are screwed. They MIGHT consider that only because he was working there for 3 years when he left and also they knew all about Roald. They sent us a gift and card and gave him off work, etc when we lost him. And they know I am pregnant again so if he explains to them I need the insurace for ultrasounds and testing they may give in but there ar eno guarantees. I just want to punch this guy who fired him. Like ***. Bill said when he told him about my pregnancy and about how I don't have a job or my own insurance the guy looked sorry. I don't care. Thanks alot. This is all I need right now. I tell you what-I am crying and everything, holding nothing back, at my appointment in hopes that the OB office will work with me and not make me go without medical attention for the time we are uninsured.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
July 1st, 2009, 12:25 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Wow Bonnie, that's got to be so terrifying right now. I would be panicked also. I hope your insurance issues work out for you. Maybe if you talk to your Dr.'s office they can do something for you if you happen to have to wait for insurance to kick in again. Maybe they can bill them from the start date of your coverage? I don't know. Try talking to them and see if there is anything they can do. I hope you don't have to go long with out coverage.

July 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Oh Bonnie, I'm so sorry. Is there a Planned Parenthood or women's clinic nearby? I know that the PP where I live provides ob care at reduced cost. I also know that there is something called COBRA that you can get when leaving one insurance plan, before the new plan starts - I was on it between college and my first job. And I agree with Steph, maybe your OB's office can be flexible. As a last resort, you can rent a home doppler (I actually bought one and lent it to my SIL) so that you can listen to the baby's heartbeat everyday at home.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In almost all states pregnant women are covered by Medicaid, even if they make too much money.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG that sucks!! I too have heard of COBRA before... something to look into, for sure... there's got to be some way to stay covered in between. Ugh I hate this country's idiotic healthcare system!!!!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
July 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow that's horrible Hopefully COBRA or Medicad work out if he can't get his work to put you on right away.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search