I'm Out (xposted)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm out this month. I just started spotting, and had a whole slew of BFNs this week. I'm pretty disappointed. Ethan was due to be born in just 3 days. I should have a baby, instead I have my period.

I guess the question is, after 2 unsuccessful cycles on Femara, do I try something else? What is usually the next step at this point? It's been 14 months, and I have no living children. I was never supposed to be off my MS meds this long (16 months now). My insurance covers everything up to IVF, and my parents are willing to cover that. I'm suddenly feeling desperate - should I be thinking IUI?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

July 12th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Proud Momma
oh hun I'm so sorry

It must be so tough for you to be off your meds for this long. I know Jon was feeling the same way since he was off his meds for a long period of time and all the Dr's recommended that he needed to be on something, but nothing was good for ttc. But you know, IUI could be something you may want to consider?

just want to give you many
July 12th, 2009, 05:45 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
So sorry Rebecca. I kind of know how you feel. More about the "I should have a baby, instead I have my period" part. We haven't gotten to the medicine part yet. Don't know if we ever will, it's an option if we have to of course. I would suggest asking your Dr. Maybe one more month on the Femara? I don't know much about fertility drugs.

I just wish you the best of luck in getting that BFP! In what ever option you chose.

July 12th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, Rebecca. I don't know anything about fertility treatments, but I wanted to give you . I know how much it hurts to be TTC after a stillbirth. It's like your world has been mixed up and all you can think about it putting it right. I agree with Stephanie, you should talk to your doctor about stepping up your treatment.

July 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Does anyone use OPKs? We're thinking about trying that.

July 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
Does anyone use OPKs? We're thinking about trying that.
I use OPKs and think they're great. I've had a few months where I wasn't sure if it was actually dark enough and waited for it to get darker and it never did and we ended up missing the opportunity. So I learnt if you see the 2nd line almost as dark as the control line, you want to start BDing for the next while. I got pregnant both times while using OPKs.
July 12th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, I know you're time will come soon. I know it's probably been said and it doesn't mean much now, but when it happens, you'll know in your heart it's right. I knew subconsciously from the beginning with this one that this was my time. That he would make it. That doesn't mean I haven't freaked with every normal symptom and made a million L&D trips, but I just knew it would all work out.

It hurts so much now, but I know you won't have to wait too long. In my experience, once I quit focusing on TTC, it happened.

July 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry rebecca hun

July 13th, 2009, 06:23 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I went through that too, having my period when Clark was due. It was rough

I combined OPK's with charting and it really showed me a clear picture of when I was ovulating. I used the Target brand OPK's and they were pretty clear and not too expensive.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

July 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support and the OPK info. I'm going to buy some at Target tomorrow after I see my RE.

July 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So did you get beyond spotting yet? I see you ticker still has you as 16 DPO, did you tempt his morning?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I did not temp this morning (I forgot), and I am spotting, but no full AF yet. I stopped taking my progesterone, so my temp most likely tanked because of that. I had another BFN last night though.

I see my RE tomorrow. It may make sense for us to move to IUI, since if Dan's biopsy comes back positive, he may have to start chemo or radiation, and that might require that he bank sperm first.

July 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Rebecca. Hopefully you have a good visit with your RE tomorrow about what to do. Are you getting his test results back this week?

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

July 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I'm also losing my mind about that. What if his biopsy is positive? Will he get radiation or chemo? How will that impact TTC? How sick will it make him? I don't want him sick.

And AF still hasn't shown. There's a little voice in my head that says "maybe there's still hope". I can't have that, I can't get crushed anymore.

I would like to sleep through this week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search