Nursery (so far)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know on the DDCs they post nursery progress but since I don't belong to any DDCs I'm posting mine here. I'd love to see everyone else's too! We still have to get the glider, fix the curtains, take out those yellow shelves, hang up the white shelf, put in the dresser with lamp and clock, straighten out the changing table (it's crooked below the plaque in the picture lol) and hang up some more decorations and get the little strawberry stickers to put on her name letters. Then I think we'll be done. It sounds like alot, but it's not really. It's like 80% done already. I collect the 1980s Strawberry Shortcake so we are using that for the theme.

Bonnie Lightner's Photos - IT'S A GIRL! | Facebook

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
August 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I love the colors!! One of my favorite combinations. I'm excited for you!

August 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So cute!

Here are my plans so far. I've gotten almost everything out of the room (it's amazing how much crap you keep if you have an extra room ) and I've got all the furniture in there. We plan to paint next week so after that I'll start posting pics of the real progress

I want to do color on the walls, but I'm scared! I really like the green but don't know if it will be overpowering so I'm considering doing 1 or 2 walls in the green and the other 2 or 3 walls in a tan. But then with all the furniture and other stuff in there, the all green might not be too bad.

Anyways, here are some pics of what will be in there.

This is the fabric for her comforter, crib skirt, valance and there will be some on the liners for her changing table baskets. I also plan to get 3 16x20 frames and mat some fabric to 11x14 and hang those over her changing table.

I liked this green on the sample card:

I'm going to paint wall letters for her name and hang those over the crib. Then I have 2 of these to go on either side of her name (they're vinyl wall graphics):

Then on the wall where the closet is is where the rocking chair will be and on that wall I plan to put, in pink and brown (probably girls in pink and the rest in brown writing):

Then there will be the crib, armoire and changing table as well as a rocking chair.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

August 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Brittanie! We love pastels. We aren't personally big on dark, bright or neautral tones, but that's just our taste. Luckily that room was that yellow with white. We won't have to do any painting. Plus the room is separated from ours by only a door. I like that, too. Light pink and light yellow are my two most favorite colors too!

Alicia-we had so much stuff in that room. There are still old valuable crates of vinyl LPs in there. But Bill doesn't want to move them plus we have nowhere to go with them and I'm not really willing to sell them right now so I just covered them with a big pink blanket drape thing. I need to tuck and fix it more though.

I have seen other nurseries in that similar green color you like so it will probably look fine with all green walls. One of Bill's friends who just had a boy did their son's nursery in that color with black furniture and the green doesn't look like too much. Are you making her valances, etc. or is someone doing that for you?

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search