My High Risk Pregnancy just got even more High Risk

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
So...had my OB appt today - Tessa is doing great. Strong heartbeat and doc said it feels like she is head down (great bc she was breach last appt!). THEN she talked me to about my 1 hr Glucose Test..well...lets just say I skipped right over the 3 hr and am in full on Gestational Diabetes program. Not enthused one bit but I am looking forward to learning more about it to help control it with diet and exercise...for now the finger pricking 4 times a day is not fun...but its all for Tessa and I will do anything to keep her safe and healthy!

My OB said (light heartedly joking) that I mise well move in to the hospital bc I am going to be here so much with different appts these last couple months. I don't mind one bit though - the more monitoring of her - the better I feel.

Just thought I would update you all!
September 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Come join us on the High Risk board: High Risk Pregnancy - JustMommies Message Boards

I'm sorry about the GD. I have Type 2 diabetes and take insulin, so if you ever have any questions about diabetes please pm me or message me on Facebook!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
aww im sorry hun, gd is no fun i had it with keeley i was pricking x6 a day and injecting 5x day u get used to it there is a gd board here if u want to check it out

September 16th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had gd as well and type 2 now. I did cry when I found out with my 1st pregnancy after Jake because it felt like now another obstacle to deal with but like Claire said you get used to the new routine. The first 2 weeks were hard because they had me on a very strict diet and i was soooo hungry all the time but they did up my protein and that helped.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 17th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Proud Momma
awww Jen I'm sorry. But at least you can now monitor it properly and like you said, you'd do anything for your sweet baby.

September 17th, 2009, 05:34 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Jen. Anything that adds an extra problem or stress just sucks now.

I don't know much about the treatment of GD...I know some women have to take insulin and my one friend who has it now says they just have her on pills. But I hope wehatever they do for you that they keep a close eye and that it doesn't cause any problems!!!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Last year's pregnancy, I was also diagnosed with GD after my 1-hour glucose test. My doc skipped the 3-hour test and had me work with the diabetes management center at the hospital. They had me limit my carbs for a week, had me test my blood sugar 4 times a day, and had me back in to see my charts.

Well, I ended up needing insulin --- 2 different ones. And while my carb intake through the day remained the same (via 3 meals and 3 snacks), I now had to take my blood sugar 7 times a day and inject myself with both of the insulins.

This time around, I didn't do so well (again) on the 1-hour, but tomorrow I am going in for my 3-hour. Since I still had the glucose monitoring kit from the last pregnancy, I decided to test my blood sugar this morning for the heck of it.

Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Yah, by my OWN diagnosis, I am pretty confident that I'll fail tomorrow's 3-hour test and will start working again with the diabetes management center.

You'll be just fine, Jen! I found that there's a lot of food planning involved, particularly because I 'brown bag' my breakfast and lunch to work every day. It just meant being a little more diligent in balancing my carbs with my proteins, really planning out my snacks, and making sure I remembered to take my blood sugar at regular intervals throughout the day.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I think once I get a handle on what I can and cannot eat I will be okay. its just hard right now - especially when I find out RIGHT before I go on our mini-vaca I had planned for this weekend. Its so hard to eat good - so far so good though...I am currently being tempted with a birthday cake I made for my brother but Im going to try so hard to be good! Thanks again everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search