Dr. app't next week and I'm getting worked up

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Proud Momma
I have an app't with my OB this coming Tuesday where I'll be 14w4d at the time. Obviously they're going to use the doppler and I'm freaking out that what if baby is in an awkward position or what if my uterus is still tilted that he won't be able to hear the heart beat?

Last year with Katrina they couldn't hear hers at about 13 weeks and sent me out for an u/s in one week (I insisted on getting it done the next day though) and thank goodness the only reason they couldn't hear it was b/c I had a tilted uterus.

But being in the state of mind I am now (having gone through a stillbirth), I'm going to be a basket case if he can't find it right away and I'm further along then I was with Katrina when they couldn't find it that time.

I know I'm getting worked up and I have a great feeling Sweet Pea is doing well, but it's still too early to feel kicks and any bit of nausea is gone, so I'm in that "moving on to the next stage" part where I have no idea what's going on inside of me.

Please help me relax! Tell me this is a normal feeling.

Breathe Steph, breathe..................
September 17th, 2009, 04:51 AM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Totally normal what your feeling - at my 10 week appointment the doc was doing a dating u/s and he couldn't even find her! He was like...what did you get a positive pregnancy test?! and I was like I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was a baby and a heartbeat so I know she is in there! And he was like okay so he had to go way far back and to the side and there she was snuggled in the hardest spot for him to see. I freaked out but thankfully it was all good. It is very common to not catch the heartbeat on the doppler this early so don't worry (HA! better said than done right!). Big Hugs to you. So stressful :-) But don't worry you are not the only one. I still worry at every appointment even though I can feel her moving.
September 17th, 2009, 05:36 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IF you have a tilted uterus it may be hard for them to find the HB with the doppler. You can ask them to not do it, so you don't worry. Or you can be prepared incase they don't find it and then ask to have the US that day.

When I was pregnant ith Evie, they couldn't find the HB at 13 weeks and with Colm at 12 weeks, but they found it easily at 16. I have a tilted uterus too, but I aa rather 'fluffy' so that makes it harder too.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am fat and have a tilted uterus. They found Roald's heartbeat at 16 weeks and Vera's heartbeat at 12 weeks. I don't think a tilted uterus means they won't find it but apparently some doctors say it makes it harder. My doctors have never said a tilted uterus causes any real problems or difficulties, though.

I actually started feeling flutters this pregnancy at around the gestation you are at-14 weeks so maybe soon you will start feeling movement!!!! Get used to worrying-every appointment this pregnancy is soooo nervewracking for Bill and me! It's just normal now I guess.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Count me in as another one who has a tilted uterus (and I too am "fluffy"). I had my 1st ultrasound at 9 weeks and doc did point out the heartbeat to me as soon as I wigged out when he put the transducer on my belly and I asked "does it have a heartbeat?!"

But of course, any freaking out and wigging out is our "new normal" so yah ... you're sane in my book, Steph.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search