I am a FAILURE!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
I had my 1-hour glucose test a couple of weeks ago. Failed that. So my OB told me to go for the 3 hour glucose test, which I did last Friday morning. Found out yesterday from the nurse that --- yep, you guessed it --- I failed that, too.

For some reason, it didn't bother me last time that I failed. I failed the 1-hour SO badly that I skipped the 3-hour and started working pretty much immediately with the diabetes management center at the hospital (as a sidenote, they never were able to get my blood sugar level under control; the very afternoon I met with them to up my insulin dose is the very same afternoon the doctor couldn't find Noah's heartbeat). But this time, I was very disappointed and upset and started crying when I told Nate that once again, I have GD. Geez, could it be that I'm just scared out of my wits that history will repeat itself??

Just needed to vent. I know that there are plenty enough women who get their GD under control and go on to deliver normal, healthy babies. But I don't know "normal" anymore and will now spend my entire 3rd trimester scared $#itle$$ that something will go horribly wrong. Again.

Someone tell me I'm not crazy ..?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
u r most certainly not a failure hun, i had gd with keeley and i was a mess to start with, and by the end of my pregnancy i was ready to have her the injections were pretty rough! but its was all worth it and im sure ul be fine hun

September 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Thanks, Claire

I'm sure I'll be fine, too ... for some reason, this diagnosis bothers me in a way that it didn't the first time around. I can't put my finger on it but I was like "GAH!!! AGAIN?!?" even though I was half-expecting it.

*sigh*

One more silly little thing to tack onto my list of worries.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy. I'm sorry. And you're not crazy... I think when pregnant anything and EVERYTHING is scary. I know I'm dealing with the paranoia already.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
September 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
You are not crazy! When I found out I had GD with this one I freaked out bc I didn't want any more complications or worry that I already had AND I did not have GD with Alyssa...like you said...just one more thing to worry about..ugh so frustrating. We will get through this!!!!
September 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Proud Momma
oh hun, you are NOT a failure, nor are you crazy. It's perfectly normal to have the feelings and worries that you do.

It's a good thing they know now though, so now they can monitor you more closely.
September 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Here's what it is: it's a REAL risk to worry about. I mean, being pregnant after a stillbirth, you have enough "made up" risks to talk yourself out of. Having a real one, especially one that you dealt with during your pregnancy before...it's hard.

You're not crazy.

Hopefully since Pipsqueak is a singleton, it'll be easier to get under control!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search