I just wanted a stress-free pregnancy . . .

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I woke up at 5am to heavy spotting and two small clots. I was convinced I was losing the baby. The spotting had slowed by the time the OB nurse called and the clots had stopped. She thinks my cervix is bleeding, I had some rather enthusiastic sex on Monday. But we really won't know until my ultrasound Tuesday, and even though I believe my nurse, I'm still kinda freaking out. If I was miscarrying the bleeding would speed up, not slow down right? And I'd have bright red blood not brown?

I stayed home from work today to encourage the spotting to stop, which it hasn't but it hasn't picked up either. My nerves are really frayed to the breaking point.

This is going to be a long 9 months , assuming I get 9 months. I don't know if I could handle losing another baby, even this early.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 23rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know about the bleeding, but can't they get you in this week for an ultrasound? At least that way you would have some peace of mind.
September 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Aw man, Rebecca. I don't know anything about miscarriages, but I'll be ****** if this is what you're worried about. Please, if there is any way you can get an ultrasound, like, YESTERDAY --- please do it.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this was just due to enthusiastic sex.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
September 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
No, they don't think I'm miscarrying and if I am there's not really anything they can do. If the blood turns red, gets heavy, there are big clots, or I experience cramping I am supposed to call them. I don't want an ultrasound because it's a little too soon to see a heartbeat even if the baby is okay, and that would just freak me out and make me more upset.

The spotting is nearly gone now, so I feel a little better. And everyone I've talked to agrees, I probably bruised my cervix during sex.

I wish they could just install a window in my belly so I could keep an eye on my little Squirt!

September 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy. I know what you mean about being strung tight and worrying about how the heck I'd get through another loss. That keeps going through my head... would I really survive another loss? Could I really keep going if this one doesn't work, too?

I am SO sorry about the bleeding..... just, agghhhh. I hope it STOPS.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
September 23rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Rebecca! I spotted through my 1st tri with Erin. Never clots, but enough to stain a pantiliner and it drove me crazy. I hope it stops for you soon!!

September 24th, 2009, 05:20 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I experienced one episode of spotting at 12 weeks this pregnancy. However my doctor was convinced it was from a rhoid...I'm convinced it was spotting lol.

However, my first pregnancy I miscarried at 5 weeks and even though it was so early I had really bad cramps for a couple hours followed by mild cramping the rest of the day/night. I passed alot of tissue, etc. in the first hour then it was just blood like a heavy period for the rest of the day. It was far more than spotting. I know everybody's different but I just have a feeling if you were losing the baby you would be in more pain and have alot more blood than you are. I just hope it's nothing beyond a bruised cervix. I'd be a friggin' wreck, too!!!! Tell Dan to take it easy!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Proud Momma
oh I really hope everything is alright with your lil' one.

how is everything today?

to you.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; September 24th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
September 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Today is a rollercoaster. I spot, I stop I spot, I stop. I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor.

September 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I spoke to the OB's office again, they understand that I'm freaked out but reassured me that there is nothing to be freaked out about. I can't believe 1 session of DTD with my DH caused all this trouble!!!!

September 24th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Proud Momma
just to help you feel more comforted, a LOT of the girls in the March 2010 DDC had major spotting after they DTD at about 6 or 7 weeks pregnancy and so forth.

When I saw my OB back when I was 5 weeks-ish, she did a pap on me and told me not to be concerned if I spotted a little later that night because the cervix is always softer during pregnancy. Thank goodness I didn't spot because even though she told me that, I still would've freaked out.

Jon and I haven't DTD since we got pregnant, but hearing about all those girls that did spot, I'm glad we didn't because it would totally have gotten me all worked up.

But glad to hear that it's most likely just due to you and your hubby having too much fun
September 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Uggghhhh, Rebecca. The starting and stopping is absolutely maddening!!! And seeing red blood has pretty much got to be the most heart-stopping thing in early pregnancy. So freakin' scary.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
September 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it has stopped.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
It hasn't completely stopped, but it is definitely way better than it was before. And I'm starting to calm down about it

September 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I am very glad to hear that, Rebecca.

~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search