32 week NST and BPP

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I had some more painful "rib tickles" that everyone talks about. When we had our BPP today they told me she had flipped and is no longer breech! So I swear that she flipped last night because it all felt so much different than it had up until then and it continues to feel like that today. I feel noticably more pregnant, woo. Bill told me he seriously thinks my belly looks bigger every day when we get up, especially once I put a bra and shirt on. And yeah....today to me it really looked like I am in the third trimester lol.

So anyways....NST went great. She sleeps in the mornings but they got enough movement and told me it was a great test for a 32-weeker. Then we had our BPP. Her head is only measuring 1 week behind now and her femurs are now as long as they should be. And everything else measured pretty much right on target. Heartrate was good, 153 BPM. And of crouse we found out she flipped and is head down now....which I am soo excited about. She better stay that way! I was so worried she wouldn't flip and I would HAVE to get a c-section because of that. So that is one more thing making a vaginal birth more possible!

But at the end she told us the weight looked like 4 pounds 5 ounces. I was thinking ***!!! She said that was 49th percentile and very good for this gestational age. Ummm...I don't know, is that normal or avergae? It really caught me off guard...at our 28 week ultrasound the weight looked like 2 pounds 1 ounce they said...she gained 2 pounds 4 ounces between 28 and 32 weeks??? If that's true, she better slow down lol. They told me my bloodwork came back fine, glucose levels were fine so I didn't have GD. That is immediately what I thought when I heard she might be that big. But...then I remembered that when I've read alot of birthstories about people near their due dates their doctors told me their baby weighed so and so...then the baby was born and weighed a pound less. Soo...maybe she really only weighs closer to 3 pound 5 ounces? But...I am just so glad everything seems to be going great now. I can't wait! I know my baby shower is Sunday and I was dreaming about it last night! I'm super excited! I want to be passed 37 weeks and in labor! COME ON!!! lol

I get sad though too...I really wished I could have had this with Roald. I've always said I wish I could have carried him to term even if he would have still been stillborn. Having him at 25 weeks and now being pregnant at 32 weeks I am realizing just how much I missed out on with him, especially since pregnancy was all the time we had together. Now I'm crying

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
September 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
this is awesome news bonnie, she sounds like she;s doing great, wtg vera

i cant wait for her to be born and she's not even my baby

September 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Proud Momma
that's great news, Bonnie! So glad to hear your app't went well.
September 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ya sounds like she is doing great in there!
2 of my kids were a lb lighter than the doctor thought. This is the trimester for her to chunk up a bit
Are you being induced for sure? I mean after a certain date?

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Sebastians_mom
I wouldn't worry about the weight to much. Bella was measured a little over 4lb when I was in the hospital at 32 weeks and she was born 6lb10z when she was born at 37 weeks! The U/S can be off by a decent amount, but it must be reassuring to know she growing fantastically!
September 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Oh Bonnie I'm so relieved, that is such wonderful news!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like an awesome appt! And yes the guesstimate of weight with US gets less accurate as the pregnancy moves a long. By the end it can vary by up to 2 pounds.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 30th, 2009, 12:57 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment. I think the weight sounds pretty normal. At this point in the pregnancy the babies are gaining around 1/2 lb a week so that's about right for between 28 and 32 weeks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

September 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Super Mommy
No worries...it "appears" the weight jumped because you said her femurs and head have grown. They guesstimate a weight by some calculation with long bone, head and abdomen measurements. They said Joey was 6lb6oz at 39wks. Turns out he was just long...he was 21" at birth but only 5lb2oz. Because he was long his weight guesstimate was too high.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

September 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Phew. I am glad to hear that weight is normal, if it is accurate. That does make it a pretty good appointment then because that is the only thing that had me worried a little.

Laura-no, we haven't yet made any plans to induce. I am going to tell them I don't want to go passed my due date. So basically I want them to plan that if I make it to Nov 24 that they will induce me then or the next day or whatever.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM
noworries
Yea! It sounds like she is doing perfectly. I can't wait until she makes her appearance.
October 1st, 2009, 03:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
How did I miss this? I'm glad she's doing so well!!

They way percentiles works is that at that weight, she's bigger than 49% of the babies at her gestational age. So she's pretty average.

You know Bonnie, that way you feel that you wish you had this with Roald...I think that's normal. I think we all wish we had just a little bit more. I wish Cora had been born alive, even if it was for just a couple minutes....so I think we all wish that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search