still haven't felt movement :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Proud Momma
I thought I felt something the other night, but wasn't even sure and if it was something, I haven't felt anything again since then. I'm starting to get worried . I'm almost 16 1/2 weeks. Every time I think I feel something, it just turns out to be me being able to feel my pulse in my stomach. Is that normal?

I don't want to have to worry, but you know me. Why can't baby just start kicking me already!?!

Last edited by LaLaLa1; October 5th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
October 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I wondered the same thing about Ethan. I got one solid kick out of him at like 17.5 weeks. The doctor had warned me I might not feel anything until 20 weeks and guaranteed me that I wouldn't feel anything before 16. Is it possible you have a slightly tipped uterus? I know that can make it harder to feel them.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
noworries
I know with Eli I had an anterior placenta that can make movement harder to feel and I didn't feel him until 18 weeks.
I know you probably don't want to hear this but it's still early for you to be feeling movement. I hope you start feeling it soon though, for your peace of mind.
October 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
I know you probably don't want to hear this but it's still early for you to be feeling movement.
Actually I'd rather hear that! It just seems as if so many people who are in the March 2010 DDC felt kicks at like 14 weeks and it makes me go insane with worry! I just want to know Sweet Pea's doing well, you know!

I apologize for being so repetitive about this though...it's just that pregnancy after stillbirth is just SO difficult...I worry about EVERYTHING.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; October 5th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
October 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
noworries
I think with my next pregnancy I might rent a doppler to try to ease my worries before I feel baby move and when I think baby should be moving but I can't feel it. But, at the same time, it might make my worries greater.
I hope you feel baby move soon and that it gives you a little peace of mind. HUGS
October 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Sarah Beth, she was born at 27 weeks and I felt her kick a total of about 5 times. Of course, she was my first so I might have felt her before that but didn't realize it. But I'm pretty sure I did not.

BIG HUGS!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I would tell you I think for you personally it is probabaly just a little too early yet. It stinks to wait but I think that's all it is! *hugs*

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not only that, but early movements are SO irregular. I felt Patrick early (definitely sure just after 14 weeks I think), but I'd feel a little flutter and then nothing for a day or two. He's obviously fine, so it IS normal to feel movement one day and then nothing for a couple days.

Drove me insane. It'll happen honey.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search