Trying to Wrap My Mind around this (pregnancy mentioned)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Super Mommy
We are PREGNANT!!!

crazy. We were trying. I got some vitamins and stuff from "Nature's Pharmacy" and I guess they worked! I was charting so I started testing last week Thursday and was getting these faint shadows that didn't look positive but they definitely weren't negative. Last night on Joey's 6 month birthday/angelversary I got a definite positive on a dollar tree test and today on a digital. I just can't believe it. I expected to be trying for months and months but I've only had 2 ppaf's.

Last night I completely had a breakdown before I tested. Sometimes I step back and say how the f**k did I get here? 6 months? really? I feel like it was ages ago, I feel like it was yesterday, I feel like I'm doing incredibly well, I feel like I should be more sad, I feel like it never happened, I feel like I'm pregnant with Joey.

I never thought I could feel so many things at once. I'm so over the moon excited. I'm scared out of my mind. I want this baby, but I want Joey back. How do you differentiate?

With a stillbirth at 40wks, there is no safe time...when the heck do i tell people?

I'm not sick. My boobs are killing me. I have wicked cramps. But I'm so thankful I'm not sick. So far this is much more like Jamie's pregnancy than Joey's which is good for me psychologically.

Anyway, just wanted to share my immense joy and unbelievable sorrow and confusion wtih you wonderful ladies I'm so looking forward to snuggling a newborn! FINALLY!

due mid-June.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 5th, 2009, 08:18 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Woooo! I am so excited for you and I know exactly how you feel! I got my BFP 7 months to the day after Ethan was born, and I was excited and terrified at the same time!!! I am going to be your cheering section these whole 9 months!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Last edited by rebeccabaltimore and more; October 5th, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
October 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwww, congratulations to you guys Kathryn!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My first ultrasound with Erin was on Cora's 6 month angel day. And I felt all those same things. By the time Erin was born, I felt like I'd been pregnant for nearly 2 years straight. (and with Erin I was due June 21st, so you're doing the same thing I did!)

It's exciting but so incredibly terrifying at the same time. A huge messy jumbly knot of every emotion possible.

October 6th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Proud Momma
yay yay yay congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! hope you have an uneventful 9 months
October 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
COngrats! I pray you have an uneventful 10 months ending with a beautiful labor and delivery!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
Hey Rebecca we're not that far off from each other! ONly a couple weeks! Of course, with triplets you'll probably be earlier than 40wks, but my doc with Joey had said we were inducing by 37wks next time. I'm going to a different doc though so we'll see.

Thanks ladies!
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
PS If you know me on facebook please don't mention the pregnancy thanks!
and

October 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_n_JsMommy View Post
PS If you know me on facebook please don't mention the pregnancy thanks!
haha I was scared someone would say something on there too - before I "announced" it.
October 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm glad that you and me and Nat are all so close together!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kathryn,

If you don't mind me asking, did you ever find out the reason for the stillbirth? Also how soon did you start to TTC ?

October 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
Joey's cord was really tight around his neck so they are assuming cord accident butu we declined autopsy. He also had a single umbilical artery/2 vessel cord and a medium sized omphalocele so any number of additional things could have been wrong that we didn't know about. Genetically he was normal. I just couldn't live with the "we don't know what caused this" but I CAN live with "it was probably this or this". If I remember correctly Jamie (ds1)'s cord was also around his neck twice but it didn't cause him any problems. We'll be monitored closely this time and I'm trying to get in touch wtih Dr. Collins at the Pregnancy Institute who researches cord accidents.

I didn't get a ppaf until July 9th or something and Joey was born april 4. We pretty much started right away as my cycles are really irratic and many are anovulatory. Our doctor told us to "not be pregnant for a year" and i said "yeah right!" plus ds1 is 5 now and we don't want the age gap to get any bigger if we can help it. I had it in my head that it would take months and months, but this time I just knew I was prego! My 2nd ppaf was august 31 (over 50 days from the first!) and I started taking like 9 vitamins each morning prescribed by a homeopathic pharmacist, as well as a female endocrine spray 3x/day and vitex 2x/day and I think I finally o'ed around cd24 or so. My goal was just to ovulate and regulate my cycle a bit, but we caught the egg. So we got our bfp officially on Joey's 6 month angelversary.
and

Last edited by J_n_JsMommy; October 7th, 2009 at 09:20 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search