Those who have had 2 babies since their loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Sebastians_mom
Were your 2 pregnancies after your loss very different?

I am feeling very different this time.

With Bella I worried and worried about m/c from day one, I was in having ultrasounds and tests from the very start and it took a few months for even a small amount of that fear to subside, of course it all came back 10fold around the time we lost Sebastian.

This time, this is going to sound horrible but I just don't feel much emotion at all. I am happy I am pregnant and blessed but I just don't feel scared of a loss at this point. I haven't really worried about m/c and haven't obsessed oover cramping or lack of symptoms. I avoided even telling my OB until 8 weeks and when I went in I turned down an U/S and said I'd wait until the 12 week screening to get one. I think because I don't feel pregnant at all my mind is avoiding everything. Once I see the baby maybe it's going to sink in that I am really pregnant and the worry will begin.

It's just very different, I am happy that I am not stressed but I feel guilty about it too.
October 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was less stressed at the beginning with Patrick. It wasn't until I suddenly stopped throwing up at 13 weeks that I worried for a bit. And then it wasn't until the very end that I started getting really paranoid (since I lost Cora at 38 weeks). But I was more relaxed up until 30 or so weeks.

Don't feel guilty honey. Each pregnancy is its own rocky emotional journey.

October 18th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With Owen I was much more stressed about everything. I got pregnant with Avery when Owen was almost 6 months so I think the distraction of looking after Owen helped. I did stress a lot in the 3rd trimester though.
Easy for me to say but try not to feel guilty.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

October 20th, 2009, 02:16 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only had one subsequent pregnancy and I am currently 35 weeks. I don't know how I will feel next time but I think what you are feeling is probabaly totally normal. I think for some people they will continue to worry just as much with each pregnancy while some will worry less like you and some may even worry more. I think it just goes by the inidividual.

I do know that once I passed my loss mark of 25 weeks I worried a little bit less. And ever since 32 weeks when I became highly distracted my marital problems I can't believe how the pregnancy is flying by. I think being "distracted" by something, whether it is a positive or a negative, affects our level of conscious worry. Yes...I still have scared moments. But sometimes I swear I forget I am pregnant when I am so worried thinking about other non-pregnancy problems.

Emotions! They're so confusing!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search