NST's

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies-

I was just wondering. Did any of you ladies have your stillbirths while also having weekly/bi-weekly NST's or extra monitoring?

I now go every Monday and Thursday for NST's or BPP's. They are very reassuring but I am still a bundle of nerves as I get closer and closer to my due date. I was just wondering if although you were being monitored closely...if you still had a stillbirth.

I need to stop worrying so much but I just can't help it. With Alyssa I had no NST's or anything extra besides dopplers at the OB appts. Wednesday she had a strong HB and then Saturday she was gone.

Thanks!
October 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Even though I was seeing a perinatologist last time around as well, I had nowhere near the amount of visits I am having now. Last time around, I was seeing them every two or three weeks; this time around, I am seeing the same doctors twice a week.

I get BPPs each visit and they show me the heartbeat, cord blood flow, and her measurements. I find it a bit more reassuring even though I'm not naive to something going wrong

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah thats how I am feeling with all the extra monitoring. Everyone keeps telling me don't worry it won't happen again and I just want to scream that it wasn't supposed to happen last time either! UGH! Okay Vent over with!
October 21st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyJenalee View Post
Yeah thats how I am feeling with all the extra monitoring. Everyone keeps telling me don't worry it won't happen again and I just want to scream that it wasn't supposed to happen last time either! UGH! Okay Vent over with!
I totally agree with that. I mean, how hard is it to do weekly NSTs? I can't help but wonder, if I had been getting them with Cora if it would have helped. I had my last OB appt with her on either Wednesday or Thursday...and she died Sunday night. If I'd been having NSTs with her, would they have been able to see a problem?

Every time my OB said that with Patrick, I wanted to scream the same thing.

October 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I haven't had an NST yet (though a gal in my DDC has) but I will be having lots and lots of them. I've already had 5 ultrasounds, with two more in the next 2 weeks, and I'm not even 10 weeks yet!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
Proud Momma
when do they normally start doing NSTs?
October 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
I started at 35 weeks with Patrick, but that's because I moved and couldn't get in any sooner.

With Erin I started at....30 weeks? Something like that. You have to be able to be feeling movement readily to do them.

So, Rebecca...how is someone in your DDC doing NSTs already?

October 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Proud Momma
^ yea, that's what I'm wondering?
October 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
My OB told me that NST's don't give any helpful information until atleast 28 weeks. Sounds odd that someone in a DDC would already be getting them.

OB started me on bi-weekly NST's at 32 weeks.
October 22nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had weekly NST starting at week 34. This is something that my OB does with every pregnant woman. He told me that he doesn't really need to do it, but he still does it for all pregnancies. This is the same doctor that delivered my daughter and Eric. I went in on Tuesday, July 7th and the test was fine, but on Sunday, July 12th Eric was already gone. After what happened my OB told me that if I'm to get pregnant again he would do bi-weekly NST starting at about week 30.

October 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
I was seeing a perinatologists. I had a BPP on Friday at 39wks exactly. I was having weekly NST's starting at 30wks and along with the NST at 39wks, it was not good. SO instead of inducing she had me come back the following Tuesday for a 2nd NST. It was okay. Again instead of inducing we scheduled an NST and appointment for 40w1d and it was 1 day too late (I still felt him move a little on his due date...i'm not sure when he died...maybe the night between 40 and 40+1). When i was hooked up at 40+1 he was gone for my 2nd nst of the week he was gone. I think I might be asking for daily NSTs lol. I work right across from the hospital/dr. office.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

October 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
So...It seems to me that NST's are good findicator about how your baby is doing AT THE TIME OF THE NST right???...how can they predict what will happen in a couple days? Ugh...im just so stressed! I think baby belly's should have a green, yellow, and red light to let you know how the baby is.
October 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My NSTs started at 32 weeks. My OBs told me earlier than that it can give frequent inaccurate results (mostly due to baby's size) and can cause more worry than is necessary. He said ultrasounds are better to keep checking on baby until 32 weeks. Then at 32 weeks I started weekly NSTs and BPPs. But yeah it's stil lworrisome. But as long as I keep feeling frequent movement I haven't had a bad spaz attack in the third trimester.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyJenalee View Post
So...It seems to me that NST's are good findicator about how your baby is doing AT THE TIME OF THE NST right???...how can they predict what will happen in a couple days? Ugh...im just so stressed! I think baby belly's should have a green, yellow, and red light to let you know how the baby is.
I was thinking a lot about that. I wish there was some sort of indication. Maybe in the future they invent some technology which you can with you at all times like a cell phone and where you don't have to worry and know how you baby is doing any time of the day.

October 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen123 View Post
I was thinking a lot about that. I wish there was some sort of indication. Maybe in the future they invent some technology which you can with you at all times like a cell phone and where you don't have to worry and know how you baby is doing any time of the day.
Like this?
GE VScan portable ultrasound earns the Leonard McCoy seal of approval

October 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Super Mommy
Dr. collins does nightly NST's with a portable nst machine you bring home if you are accepted into his study. I'll be contactig him once I know my due date. Apparently it sends the nst like a fax or something to his blackberry. He's had 100% success rate with people who've had previous cord problems.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search