We're back from our u/s!!! *x-posted*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Proud Momma
...and it went awesome!!!

Baby Sweet Pea is healthy and measuring where s/he should be. The ventricles in baby's brain are measuring appropriately! Such a HUGE sigh of relief for us!!!

Baby was moving around like crazy and kept wanting to roll up into a ball, so at times it was hard for them to take certain measurements, but they got all the necessary ones they were interested in. But they want us to go back in 2 or 3 weeks just so they can take a few more measurements...but the Dr. reassured us that everything is growing appropriately and there is no need what-so-ever for us to worry about anything! (and my OB told me the other day that most likely they'll get me to come back for a f/u u/s in a couple of weeks - he was just giving me a heads up so I wouldn't start to worry, knowing me!)

They wouldn't tell us the gender...I'm pretty sure they know, but the tech said they don't like telling anyone before 20-24 weeks just in case they're wrong. The Genetic Counselor said we'll find out in 2 weeks after our next app't! Waiting to find out the gender is perfectly fine with me...I'm just SO grateful and thankful that Sweet Pea is healthy!!!

Baby is SO cute!!! As I was lying there, I had my right hand on the upper part of my stomach and my left hand was lying on the bed. As she was looking at baby, baby's hands were in the exact same position as mine! The tech couldn't stop laughing and saying, "just like Mom!" Then as she was taking the pictures, she was pointing out to us that baby was waving...teehee...and she managed to get a picture of it too!

They weren't able to get the greatest photos because as the tech said, baby is still pretty small and so squirmy that it was hard to capture a good photo, but she said when we come back they'll be able to get much better ones...and tell us the gender!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers that helped me stay sane these past few weeks!

Here's a pic of baby's head and you can see baby's little hand waving at us (where the red arrow is pointing to):

blurry photo of Sweet Pea's foot:

October 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome News!!!!! I am so happy for you!
October 21st, 2009, 05:55 PM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Oh yah, they'd be able to tell you right now if Sweet Pea is a boy or girl; my perinatologist told us at 16 weeks what we're having, and it's still holding true

I am SO SO SO SO SO happy for you, Jon, and Sweet Pea! Big Sister Katrina must be tickled pink that her baby brother / sister is doing so well

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
October 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy everything is good!!!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yay!! I'm so glad it went well!! You must be so relieved. Hang on to what you are feeling right now. It can get you through anxiety.

October 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hooray for good ventricles and a wiggly baby!!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
noworries
WOOT! What wonderful news. I am so excited for you.
October 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Proud Momma
I just spoke to the receptionist at my OBs office and she told me that the reason they wouldn't tell us the gender is because in the province we live in apparently it's the law that they won't tell anyone before 20 weeks.

That's fine by me, we'll just wait until our next u/s. Our top priority anyway is that Sweet Pea is healthy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search