Another Vent :-)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
As you all know - im super good at posting about how stressed I am...well this is no exception. I am down to the wire...I have no more than 30 days left...that will bring me to 39 weeks. I had an appointment with an OB that I saw with Alyssa, but haven't seen him yet this pregnancy (I go to University of Michigan Hospital which is a teaching school so I see various 3rd year residents when I go to my OB clinic). Anyway, I have been really wanting to see him because I liked him SO much with Alyssa, and he was so nice and thoughtful afterwards. Anyways, when I was in my appointment with him he brought up if any of the others have talked about plans for induction. I rolled my eyes and said...yes...39 weeks and im not a fan. And he asked why and I explained that I feel like a ticking time bomb and at 37 or 38 weeks I would feel safer if Tessa was in my arms instead of in my belly and that I did not want to still be pregnant on December 1st (which is 38 weeks 3 days) because that is the day I delivered Alyssa. At this point...all other OB's I talked with would give me the sympathic look and say we understand how you feel, but we still feel that 39 weeks would be the best for you and your baby. Well..this OB was different...he started out saying let me tell you a little secret in the OB world...with a wink. He said that the reason everyone keeps saying 39 weeks is because anytime before that they need a medical reason. He said with my stress and anxiety being through the roof once 37/38 weeks hit he will access the risk and I will more than likely have this baby by 38 weeks. YES!!!!! That is what I have been waiting to hear! Thankfully I was able to schedule the rest of my OB appointments with him!

As happy as I am to hear that...Wow am I stressed. Its getting bad...I want to feel my Tessa move 24/7. I know that is not possible...but its what I need. I have been waking up more and more in the night and downing a glass of water just to feel her move. I am just stressed to the max! I really need these next 3-4 more weeks to go by quickly. I just want her here before anything has the chance to even think about going wrong.

Ugh okay - so that was my vent and what has been going on with me. :-)
November 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad he's willing to go a little earlier for you... to me anything past 38 weeks is FINE with me. At this point I can only imagine your stress level... mine's high enough as it is.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
November 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
My doc said deliver BY 38wks...past stillbirth @ 39 wks would be a medical reason i would think.....Dr. Collins (UCA and Stillbirth researcher) actually suggests 37wks for delivery after a term stillbirth. Well in any event, i'm glad someone is finally! doing something to decrease your anxiety level because right now Tessa needs you calm and happy yay! Plus how fun that you have hope of meeting your little girl sooner than you expected!!!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I have reasons I want to be induced this week and my OBs are still giving me the 39 week crap. I'm going to start being difficult. I want to be induced this weekend!!!!

I'm glad at least one of has an understanding OB who knows what he is talking about!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
November 4th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The end of my pregnancy with Erin was easier for me than with Patrick because we had my 38 week induction planned from the get-go. With Patrick though, I didn't have that definite plan and I was doing exactly what you are doing now. I tried my hardest to just keep myself busy and not think about it (easier for me since I had Erin to chase around).

Good luck honey!! I hope you get the 38 week induction!

November 5th, 2009, 07:57 AM
noworries
That's great that this doctor is really working with you. I hope you have Tessa in your arms before Dec. 1st.
November 5th, 2009, 08:47 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am reading this thread with interest. First I am happy that your OB is taking your needs into account. I am normally against early inductions, but I also know that stress hormones can not be good for a baby, so the risks vs benefits need to be looked at and the induction may indeed be the best option. Especially for a woman with a history of fullterm stillbirth. I know I would be a total mess.

The reason I am intrigued is because I can't have an induction without a serious increase in risk to myself and the baby. I know I could choose to have an elective c-section at 38-39 weeks because I have had a previous c-section, but that risk is not worth it to me. So, if/when I get pregnant again how will I feel? what option will I want? Will it be different for me because I lost Colm at 24 weeks and not at 38+?

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack y our thread, but it got me thinking.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
With Alyssa I was not a fan of going early because I thought when she is ready she is ready. However, after losing Alyssa I figure I can't count on my body to keep her safe so I want Tessa out and in my arms as soon as possible as long as of course she is healthy. 38 weeks to me is healthy...anything after that I will feel even more like a ticking time bomb.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search