Come on, already!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I got another migraine and was vomiting again and then my face was red and I got a higher blood pressure reading 122/95. So they told me to go to the hospital overnight for observation but my BP was good all night long and Vera was really active. I was having painless contractions yesterday and late last night and they were showing up on the strip and they aske dme about them. That at 6 AM I started getting contractions that were more uncomfortable. At like 8 the OB checked me and said I was 2 cm and really ripe. As of Tuesday morning I had only been a fingertip still (less than a cm). So these contractions seemed to be doing something.

They told me unless an emergency or I go on my own I will be induced Tuesday. But you know these contractions are still coming. This morning when we went to fill my presciptions I was moaning through them and got sick again. My back hurts now from having them all day. I kept waking up when we were trying to sleep and moaning. When I move around or walk I feel alot better. But I have been having alot of vaginal and cervical discomfort lately so I don't overdo it. Ugh...come on...water break! Or contractions get worse! I wish I knew if I was dilated anymore than this morning. I've been playing with my nipples and we had sex again today (while I was contracting....ow!) lol. I feel like a dork, trying every thing to make my contractions worse.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
November 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Super Mommy
If walking makes them feel better by all means keep it up! Walking and activity can only help plus being upright helps gravity to work with your body! You can also take a bath to see if you get any relief or take a shower and let the water run on your back. Are the contractions coming regularly?!

Hoping you WON'T be in chat tomorrow! (because you'll be having a baby!!!!)
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 11th, 2009, 04:20 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are having a lot of back pain, baby may be posterior. Try getting on your hands and knees and doing pelvic rocking.

You can also go to this page About Spinning Babies for ideas on how to make sure baby is in a good position.

Labor like you are describing, where you know it is more then just 'false' labor, but seems to come and go and not be really productive is often a sign that your body is trying to help the baby get into a better position. Some doctors consider it fake labor, and not productive, but they are wrong. Even if it doesn't dilate your cervix, it is still important. I had this in all of my vaginal births (well, not with Colm because he was indcued). It stinks. But, when I did go into actual labor it was only about 4 hours

One of the important things is to stay active during the day and rest at night. If you need to take something to help you relax and sleep at night, either a prescription or Tylenol PM or Benadryl. Depending on your feelings towards this you can also have a glass of wine or half a bottle of beer or something. I realize that is a controversial statement, but the risk of FAS at this point is not a concern. I personally have had a glass of wine at that point in pregnancy because I think it is no worse then benadryl, or the IV drugs (narcotics) women take during labor. And sometimes it is just what a woman needs to help her relax so labor can get going on its own

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 11th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Proud Momma
Come on vera!
November 12th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Well I have nothing productive to say because I can't seem to get a baby to your point in the pregnancy, LOL. BUT I am cheer leading for you in Rhode Island.
November 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i log on here everyday excited to see if vera has arrived

come on girly! all your jm cyber aunties are excited! do i sound excited bonnie

November 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if it's true, but someone told me that eating Chinese food helps to speed up the labor.
Hope it won't be too much longer for you!

November 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh and cumin tea, it doesn't taste great but it did give me contractions. You take cumin seeds and put them in a brewer thing for loose tea, put a piece of cut raw potato in there to absorb the bitterness, sweeten with honey. I think it is along the same lines of eating Mexican food. The Mexican midwives use the cumin tea.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 13th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Super Mommy
tee hee can't wait for a JM update!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search