Tessa has arrived!!! *Birth Story*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2009, 03:43 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts these past couple days! They have all been worth it! As most of you already know Tessa has safely arrived! At the bottom of the post is the pics I posted of her on Facebook.

Here is her birth story if your interested:

I woke up SUPER anxious Friday morning bright and early. Looked outside...of course ICY ROADS...first sign of ice this year...figures. After taking a back way to the hospital because of a car accident due to Black Ice on the highway we arrived at the hospital at 7:30am ready to get this party started! For some reason I thought "HA! I am hours away from meeting Tessa"...little did I know I was MANY hours away!

After I was settled in and they had me all IV'd up with antibiotic for GBS +, and whatever it is they give me to stay hydrated, the OB came in at 9:00am and checked me...I was still 2 almost 3 cm dilated...but closer to 2 and 50% effaced...bummer....I was hoping I would be dilated more. They started me on the pitocin drip IV at 9:30am, at about 11:00am the contractions started getting really painful in my back...yes back labor yet again...I don't wish back labor on ANYONE. Because of the pitocin the contractions were 2 minutes apart and man did they hurt.

Finally at 1:30 pm the OB came back in and checked me again...after all those painful contractions I was only at 3 cm...I wanted to cry. They did not want to give me an epidural so early because I was only 3 cm so they offered me morphine. I have NEVER had morphine and now I know why!!! It made me SOOOOO loopy! and it did NOT take the pain away! So basically Casey and my mom got some good laughs while I was in pain and loopy! Wasn't too funny at the time for me....but now its hilarious! :-)

At 5:30 pm the OB came back in and checked me again....STILL at 3 cm with the ridiculous back labor every 2 - 3 minutes. THEN for some reason the pitocin kinda just stopped working and the contractions stopped and I got a little break. BUT the OB's were concerned because after all the contractions all day they just stopped. So I got a nice break for about 3 1/2 hours contraction free.

At 9:00 pm OB came back in and they took me off pitocin, let me eat and take a shower and they were planning on restarting pitocin after the little break in hopes it will kick back into gear.

At 10:30 pm they restarted the pitocin. Since my labor wasn't exactly going fast my mom decided to head back home for the night and get a good nights sleep. Casey stayed with me at the hospital and was in for a rough night. My contractions came back around midnight and made for a LONG night...they were so painful and ALL in my back.

At 5:00 am they checked me again and I was 4 cm dilated...Big freaking do...after all that pain I was SURE I was atleast 50 cm dilated! If not more!!!
They finally offered me the epidural and I said YES YES PLEASE!!!!

At 5:30 am the day got a little better because I got my epidural!!!! Poor Casey haha...he had a rough time seeing me have to get that...I thought he was going to pass out. He had this look of pure fear on his face, but he was good and helped me through it. It hurt a lot more than last time but once it started working it was amazing!!!

I FINALLY got to sleep for a bit. My mom and dad came to visit around 8:30am and Casey ran home to take a shower and change his clothes.

They came back in again to check my progress about 10:30am. I was 5 - 6 cm! YES I thought that was great...then the kicker...as they were checking to see how dilated I was my water broke!!!! ALL of a sudden things started moving quickly! I was all worried because Casey still wasn't back. I finally got a hold of him and he was already on his way. He got there about 15 minutes later.

The pressure really started to come at about 10:45 (pressure that feels like you have to poo....but you don't...its just the baby moving down into the birth canal or something like that).

At 11:00am the OB came in to check me, YES I was 10 cm and he was like...you ready to push and I was like im scared!!! I got soo scared but he was soo nice and was like you can do this. SO I pushed one push and he was like okay stop and he hit the call button and all of a sudden people started coming from everywhere and they were all set for me to deliver this baby! after only about 5 minutes of actual pushing Tessa Marie was here at 11:12 am just a screaming!

She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz, and was 19 inches long.

Below is a link to see my facebook album:

Jenalee Fenwick's Photos - Tessa Marie Fenwick!!!!! | Facebook

I will write more about the emotions I am going through in a couple days in the private section...I need some time to wrap my head around it all still. Tomorrow is Alyssa's angelversary and its tearing me apart. As happy as I am with Tessa, I am still missing a HUGE part of me.

Thanks again ladies for all the support this past year. Means a TON to me!
November 30th, 2009, 04:12 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats! she's adorable, and I think both your girls look so much alike

November 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she is SO beautiful! I'm so happy for you and Casey. What a great family!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 30th, 2009, 08:08 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
She's adorable and I am SO proud of you mama!!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

November 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Proud Momma
I kept checking fb the whole day and was so surprised each time that she hadn't been born yet!

But YAY and congrats on Tessa's healthy arrival! She's so adorable!

And as a quick side note, and I don't mean at all to hijack your thread, but when I had morphine when I was in labour with Katrina, I was so loopy too! Apparently it hadn't completely worn off when I was giving birth, so when I was actually pushing, instead of being in pain, all I kept saying was "I have to go to school, I'm late for school. I have to go to school." I don't even go to school anymore! I don't remember at all saying that, but Jon and the nurse were so confused.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; November 30th, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
November 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to hijack either, I just had to comment on the morphine...I had it after my surgery (they were giving it to me ever 20 minutes or so)...it didn't make me loopy, but it sure did help with the pain...It also helped me sleep very well.

November 30th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Congratulations! Your little lady is beautiful. So glad that everything went well.

December 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Tessa is adorable. I admire how strong you are . And I remember the effect of epidural too, it was the best thing in the world at that time.

December 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
noworries
Congrats! Tessa is so cute. I'm thinking of you today and I'm saying a prayer for you as you deal with all the emotions that come with Alyssa's angelversary.
December 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on the safe arrival of Tess! She is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy her! <3

December 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth sotry! So happy for you guys! Our discharge day was Roald's birthday so I know all about mixed emotions...

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search