My trip to the L&D today...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Proud Momma
...but thank God everything is well with Sweet Pea!!!! *phew*

So I've been feeling movements quite consistently for many weeks now and look forward to late evenings (between 11pm - 1am) when I can feel her the most. I have this little music owl that plays a lullaby and every night I play it for her and some other music and she always gets dancing when I do so.

Well on Saturday night, I noticed she didn't really respond to it nor did she really move all that much either, but I tried not to worry too much. I realized I hadn't felt her the whole day Saturday either. So come Sunday and I still felt nothing all day, but decided to wait until the night (her most moving time). I went upstairs to read in bed at my usual time and played some music for her and felt nothing. I called Jon up to sit with me and for a good hour, still nothing. Of course, I started getting panicked. I decided to try to sleep and wait until morning to see what to do. In the morning at around 6am, I felt a few very slight jabs, but wasn't 100% sure if it was even her. I fell back asleep and woke up a bit later to get ready for work.

At work I tried sitting not doing anything for a good hour and still couldn't feel anything, so I thought I can't just keep freaking myself out like this, I have to at least phone my OBs office and see what they suggest. I gave them a call and the receptionist said my OB was at the hospital doing surgeries at the time, so I wouldn't have been able to go in there. But she told me to go somewhere and lie down or at least sit back for a good hour and if I don't feel at least 6 movements within that time, let her know and then we'd go from there. Well since I was at work, I couldn't really just lie down anywhere, so I just tried sitting in the chair and not doing anything. The receptionist phoned me back less than 5 minutes later and said she was looking up my file and she realized it was only a couple weeks after the same stage where we lost Katrina, so she told me to just go directly to the L&D to ease my mind.

So I went and Jon met me there. The nurses and Dr's were SO nice and kind. They didn't judge me at all for having come in and took everything I said very seriously and made a point to check her out. They hooked me up to the heart rate machine and found her heartbeat right away. It was a nice, consistent 156ish bpm. I was hooked up for a good 2 hours and they continuously checked on me. They measured my stomach and said my sizing is right on track and then brought in an u/s machine to look at her. Everything is looking well with her!!!!

And of course, as soon as they hook me up, what does my little monkey girl do, she starts going absolutely CRAZY in there!!!! She was kicking up a storm! I'm just SO happy and relieved that she's doing well and that I was monitored so closely (and I got to see our cutie pie for a few minutes again on the screen!).

I'm really grateful for my OBs office and everyone at the hospital for not just shrugging me off and telling me that I'm too early to feel consistent movement. I pray the next and only other time I have to go to the L&D is when I'm in real labour in March 2010! I hate these worrying moments, but I'm so glad that there are many people out there that actually care enough about my baby to make sure she's doing well!!!!
November 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is alright and she's moving! I'm also glad that everyone was so nice to you! that helps so much when your already worried.

I've had that happen before and i'd go in and get hooked up and the baby would move all over the place...Little stinkers

November 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
So glad that everything was okay! I would've been terrified as well but I'm glad they were super understanding for you and were able to reassure you.

November 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had to go into my Dr's office a couple of times while pregnant with Erin for that reason (actually, the one I remember the most was a day I already had an appointment scheduled).

And understanding staff is a WONDERFUL thing to have. One of the doctors at my practice in Idaho had his first son be stillborn too, so he told me I got a "freak-out free pass"

Anyway, I'm so glad Sweet Pea is doing well! That's a small relief.

December 1st, 2009, 05:55 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Steph, I am so happy to hear Sweet Pea is doing well, but I'm even happier to hear that you have a WONDERFUL team of doctors / nurses who aren't dismissing your feelings and concerns. There is a LOT to be said about a team of health care professionals who take you seriously!

And like Brittanie's doctor and the "freak out free pass", I think EVERY OB/Midwife/Perinatologist/Etc. should grant those to us Moms who have had a stillbirth and never question our concerns during subsequent pregnancies

Sidenote to Sweet Pea -- please give your Mama a number of good, swift kicks every now and again. You won't hurt her, trust us. We all want to know you are doing A-OK in there

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
December 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
for the team of doctors and nurses.

I can only imagine how scared you were. Glad everything is fine.

December 3rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so hapy to read that she is doing well!! And your docs sound like they are on the ball, especially the nurse that took the time to not only check your chart, but also call you back. She showed a lot of compassion. Maybe a little note to her for Christmas thanking her for taking you seriously wouldbe nice.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
noworries
How scary. I'm glad sweet pea is doing great and you have such an awesome dr's office.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search