Really bad m.s.....good sign?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 04:30 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So let the games begin!

I don't remember my nausea being this bad with either of the boys. I'm able to smell a frog fart a kingdom away right now, and just thinking about the smell of some foods, like popcorn, is making me ill.

I just want to cry
January 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Morning sickness sucks. I sniffed lemons and took Unisom for 14 weeks, they were the only things remotely useful (my body doesn't respond to Zofran wah.)

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Unisom never did anything for me. The only thing that came close was lemon ginger tea.

Hopefully a good sign! Lots of sticky baby cement for you!

January 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Potato chips helped me...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 20th, 2010, 08:29 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heard the more symptoms you have, that's a good sign...not sure if that's the case or not...I was sooo very sick with Ella, and i'm not looking forward to going threw that again....MS hasn't hit me yet, and i'm enjoying as much as I can before i'm too sick to do anything...My doctor gave me pills last time, but i'm not sure if I'd take them again (trying to do everything different this time)....I hope it eases up and you are feeling better soon!!!

January 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Proud Momma
I don't believe that necessarily. Sorry.

I had a LOT of morning sickness with Katrina and we all know how that one ended With Sweet Pea here, I had absolutely NONE! I was terrified at the beginning that it meant something was wrong, but here I am at 32 weeks - carrying a healthy baby!
January 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Angel Katrina View Post
I had a LOT of morning sickness with Katrina and we all know how that one ended
Except that the logic behind the idea is that if enough hormone is being produced to make you sicker, the baby and pregnancy will survive long enough for the placenta to be able to take over between 10-12 weeks. Since Katrina lived longer than 12 weeks, being sick with her counts on the positive side of that.

The only problem is that it assumes that it's those hormones that make you sick. Since there are women who are very sick who miscarry, and those who aren't who don't (like you with sweet pea) it's obviously still not all that accurate.

But I'm all for it if it makes you feel better about puking!

January 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
Super Mommy
Sending sticky vibes your way!!! I always think that strong prego symptoms are a good sign...I was not sick with Jamie, sick most of the time but for only 3wks with Joey and with this one I was severely nauseous all day and even coughing and brushing my teeth made me gag. I have heard m/s is worse with girls but it doesn't always work like that. But then I found out this is a girl! My theory too is that sometimes sickness just gets worse with each pregnancy.

Either way! M/s means there is hcg and other pregnancy hormones flooding your body so that is good!!!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

January 21st, 2010, 08:50 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Morning sickness often means that everything is going well enough for the baby not to miscarry, but it does not mean that the baby doesn't have birth defects, as you and I learned the hard way Steph. Heather's morning sickness is a good sign as far as miscarriage risk goes, and it really has no significance, good or bad, for later problems. If I had to guess why you had no m/s with Sweet Pea, it would be that m/s (typically) is reduced with subsequent pregnancies.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

January 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
lol reading your post rebecca i thought "of course i have to be one of those people who goes against the norm, as my m/s has been getting FAR WORSE with each pregnancy! With the next one likely I will be puking, thank goodness its only been nausea up to this point.

I, too, experienced the morning sickness and birth defects as Joey had a 2 vessel cord, the omphalocele and I recently found out he had an infarct on his placenta (dead tissue) which also could have contributed to problems later in the pregnancy.

and I definitely had m/s with him...well...all day sickness lol.
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

January 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you know, I was sick up untill I delivered Ella, but I think it was more than just MS, I feel like my body was almost "poisened" that's all I can discribe it as....She was my 5th baby, and I have to say that every pregnancy my morning sickness was different...I don't think it was too bad with my first, my 2nd I was sick the whole 9 months and had to take medication because I threw up constantly, my 3rd I honestly don't remember, same with my 4th (But I don't think they were bad or I would of remembered)...I'm hoping that this one won't be too bad, but at the same time I can't wait for it to start, so i'll actually feel pregnant.

BTW Happy late birthday J_n_J..I saw you on the list yesterday! We share the same birthday Hope you had a good day!!!!

January 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that m/s is a good sign but I don't personally beleive that having m/s is an indication as to how the baby is doing. I think the occurance and severity of m/s totally depends on each person's body function. I had very little m/s when pregnant with my daughter, and had absolutately none with Eric. I haven't had any m/s so far, maybe because it's too early. I used to think that having m/s indicates you're having a girl which is not true for my friend who had severe m/s with a boy and a girl.

January 21st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mine was the same all 3 times...except with Patrick I stopped throwing up for 2 months in the 2nd trimester. But it was black and white sick/not sick. The severity was always the same.

January 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Super Mommy
ot: happy bday to you too meg!!!! I visited the cemetary, put a rose there from the bouquet dh gave me, and had a good cry. Gee I wish my bday could have been different this year. Otherwise it was a good day!
and

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search