10 weeks and first appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I'm 10 weeks...I've known I was pregnant now for almost 7 weeks already....So here I am 10 weeks and still have not seen the doctor...I'm kind of annoyed by this situation... I see so many people seeing doctors so much earlier and I feel like I should of been seen by now....I got a call Friday night from a machine confirming my appointment...The name was not my doctor, so I don't know who I have an appointment with...I'm really irked because when I made my appointment I told them that I had just had a stillbirth 3 months prior and I felt I needed to be soon and her exact words were "he doesn't see you till your 8 or 9 weeks and he'll be on vacation then so we can't get you into see him till March 2nd"...So if it were you, would you think that was an appointment with your doctor? I even wrote down his name...I wasn't ever told a nurse appointment...I could of gotten that over with weeks ago....If they don't let me see my doctor today I'm going to throw a fit...All these weeks I kept thinking I just needed to make it to this date, that I was going to have some answers to Ella's death, I was going to have some reassurance to this pregnancy and feel better about it, but now I just have anxiety that I still won't know anything....I can't go anymore sleepless nights and anxiety attacks...So anyway, I hope I can find something out....I hope I will see my doctor and get the ultrasound that I should of already had...I hope that I can talk to him about Ella's autopsy report...It's the only thing holding me back from having any sort of closure...It's just a constant black cloud over my head...I still go threw the "what if's" and I'm tired of it, I want to know for sure now...It's been almost 5 months.

March 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
noworries
I certainly hope it's with your doctor. I would be pretty annoyed if it's not and it's just a nurse appt. I hope you get some reassurance that all is well with new baby and can talk to the doc about Ella's autopsy.
March 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'd be annoyed too! Good luck honey.

March 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I met with my doctor's nurse...I spent most of my appointment with her...She's known me threw my last 2 pregnancy's, so I know her pretty well...She said the reason all that happened, and why I did not get booked to see my doctor is because he's leaving ...He's phasing out of his practice and taking a job with the hospital probably the end of August...I'm so upset, he's been the best OB I've had (I've had 3 others)....I don't know why, but I had a gut feeling something like this was going to happen...He's only working at the office 2 days a week for now...He wasn't in while I was there, but he will be in on Friday and she got me an appointment with him to at least talk...She doesn't know if he wants to see me threw out my pregnancy or what, so I won't know anything about extra appointments, monitoring etc till Friday...She said that he'll go over all that with me...Hopefully he'll also have the autopsy back from Ella, so I can have closure on that part of her death....I did not have to go threw a pap since I just had one on June 30th YAY...One thing they have started since my last pregnancy is the NT scans...They didn't do them last time, but now they do...I'm going in next week for my NT scan...I wasn't going to go for a couple weeks but the NP that I saw thought I might be farther a long (I don't think I am), so she didn't want to chance that...She even got out the Doppler and listened to the heartbeat and found it!!!! she said it wasn't registering on the screen, but it was about 160...It was really very clear...my blood pressure was high, but I know it was from nerves and it really wouldn't surprise me that I have high blood pressure every time I go in...They were very understanding on how stressful it was and how it's going to be like that at every appointment during this pregnancy....I guess that's pretty much all I know for now...We mostly went over my charts from other pregnancy's....I can't wait to get some answers on Friday...I guess I have a few more nights of no sleep and stress.

March 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat though. And Friday will be here in no time! Hopefully, you could finally get to relax after that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search