an idea

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So It will be 6 months in 2 weeks since Ella was born....I'm going to be 17w 1d pregnant....I just happen to email the ultrasound place (for rec ultrasounds) to find out when the earliest they will do a gender ultrasound...They emailed me back and said 17 weeks...I was thinking maybe on that day April 14th I could go in and get a gender ultrasound...I know it's only a couple weeks earlier than i'd get it threw my doctor, but it might make me feel better? I don't know...I'm sure others who got pregnant right after feel like this too....I feel like i've been pregnant for almost a year, with just a short 2 1/2 month break (and even then all I could think about was being pregnant), i've been threw 2 first trimesters, lots of sickness and heartache and so much other stuff....It just sucks that it's been so long, I have nothing to show for it, no baby just a lot of feeling crappy...I hope that makes sense....This whole pregnancy i've wished that I had a fast forward button to make it to 22 weeks and go on from that, I've hate having to go threw this all again, it seems like I was just doing it not too long ago....So I don't know, maybe i'm trying to justify in my head why I should do it, and why I shouldn't....There's so many pro's and con's....I'm not sure my DH would even go for it....The next few weeks I know my anxiety is going to be threw the roof...My doctor even told me that it's going to peak around 20-22 weeks...I wonder if one extra ultrasound would help me feel better? i'm also stressed about what to do with Ella's things, do I keep them and use them, or pack them away....Sorry this was more of a ramble than anything

April 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM
Super Mommy
I could not wait for my gender ultrasound, and our perinatologist was nice enough to let me have mine at 16 weeks. However; I was (at the time) devestated when I found out it was a girl. All I did the whole day was cry. All I wanted was a boy. Not to replace Robert, but to be my momma's boy that I had always dreamed about. I would just prepare yourself. I ended up having to pack up all of Robert's stuff, which was the closure that I never had. It was sad. And hard. So I understand your need to know. Just prepare yourself for knowing. Don't get me wrong, I am more then over the moon to have Mady, but at that time, I wanted to know what it would've been like to have a boy.
April 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I had a feeling Henry was a boy. I knew with all of my babies, but I told myself not to get attached to the idea because I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. I wanted an early gender determination u/s. I had mine done at 17 weeks by an independent imaging/diagnostic place out in town. My regular u/s with the perinatologist was scheduled for 21 weeks, IIRC. I didn't want to wait that long.

April 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I too want a girl...Not to replace Ella, I just really want another girl....I am trying to prepare myself for the fact that this baby could be a boy..I think about it a lot....I might be upset at first, but I know that i'll love this baby no matter what....I have left all of Ella's things out and as is, so that's another thing I want to know for...Do I pack them up and move on, or can I keep them out and use them with my next baby...Either way I think it's some sort of closure.

April 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
noworries
I think it's a great idea, although I would definitely try to prepare for some disappointment if baby is a boy.
I wanted another boy so badly and was lucky enough to get another one but I know I would have had some disappointment is baby was a girl. Don't get me wrong, she would have been loved but you all know what I am talking about.
As far as Ella's things, that's totally up to you. I have a few things that are only Eli's (a stuffed bear, a blanket, etc) but I am keeping the nursery decorated the same for this baby and plan on using the few baby boy clothes that I bought for Eli for this new baby.
April 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know the feeling. Like Carrie, I'm lucky enough to know that this baby is a boy too, and when I first got pregnant I thought I would be so disappointed if this was a girl (I think I even posted about it). As the date of ultrasound came close by, it didn't really matter anymore. In fact, really weird thought entered my mind, like if this was a girl instead, would I be less terrified with this pregnancy since I've read somewhere that stillbirth occurs more in boys?
Most of the baby stuff prepared for Eric we gave away because initially I was so shocked I didn't want any baby stuff in my house. However, the baby clothes for him are still in closet which I didn't really touch since summer 2009. Now I'm still not sure what to do with them, since I'm not sure if this baby will use as they're mostly summer outfits, and he is due in September.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search