switching Joey's things for Felicity's

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't opened my hutch doors since April 5, 2009. That day we came home from the hospital with no baby boy, and with tears in our eyes we franticly hid all of his things so there wouldn't be these glaring reminders that he was not coming home while we waited for my in-laws to bring Jamie back to us for the hugs I so needed that day.

It has come to my attention that I cannot leave that hutch packed with boy things anymore as we are having a little girl this time. There's not a lot in there because a lot of the other things we had for Joey were Jamie's so we just packed them back up and put them back in my mom's attic. But today I opened the hutch. I found the little blue and grey sweat pants and zip up sweatshirt we bought that matches one of Jamie's...we had bought them together for the brothers....I think Jamie has grown out of his by now that kid grows like a weed!! I found some generic blue onesies. Some blue cotton sleepers. An orange/white stripe onesie that says "Mr. Popular" and a similar pattern in blue that says "Chicks Dig Me"

Then the little terrycloth sleeper that says "I <3 My Mommy" and the onesie with the mommy and baby giraffe that says "Mommy and me" and the green onesie that says "snuggle saurus" with a big and little dinosaur.

I'm searching for ways to keep this and use them with Felicity. I hugged them and cried. I was going to give some boy things to a friend who is expecting her first baby, but some of these things I can't part with. My head says I don't need them but my heart can't let them go because they hold all these memories of planning excitedly for my baby boy who never got to come home.

I'm going to keep the sweat suit definitely because I can easily put a pink teeshirt on with it (its just navy and gray). I"m also going to keep the onesies that are somewhat gender neutral like tan, white with a little blue etc that I can put something else on her that is pink so people will know she is a girl. I'm going to put the Mommy Loves Me sleeper in Joey's memory box.

And the most heartbreaking thing...the little onesie that says "Little Brother". Part of me thinks maybe we'll have another little boy one day that can wear these things, but I don't think we'll have anymore children . Its not practical to keep all this stuff, but I can't give it all away either.

just venting...I didn't think this would be quite so hard.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

April 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((Hugs))) I'm sure that's very hard...I feel the same way, I can't part with anything I bought for Ella, and i'm not sure what i'd do if we had another boy.

April 13th, 2010, 02:21 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I have a bunch of onesie's that were bought for the girls either by me, DH or my mom and I was thinking of giving them to a friend as they are gender neutral, but just not sure that I can. I think it would hurt me seeing my friends baby wearing my 'angels' clothes. As much as I hate to admit it, I would be bitter about the whole thing. I will probably lend her my maternity clothes, and just keep everything else.

April 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
Thats the good part Steph, is that I'm not really friends friends with this girl. And I'm not sure if I'd recognize some of the stuff anyway because they are sort of generic blue things. I know her from high school, friends on facebook and I work with her older brother (she is 2yrs younger than me). But other than facebook I wouldn't see her or her baby really. So that is good. I wanted to maybe give them to someone a little closer, a little more meaningful of a person, but nobody I know is expecting a boy lol...all girls this year so far!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

April 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs)))

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search