My rainbow baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2010, 10:27 AM
mommy2mykiddos's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just found out I'm pregnant with my rainbow baby, due 2/20. I'm just terrified. I want to be excited and part of me is, but I have also, just like you all I'm sure, no longer have that veil over my eyes and I know first hand that babies can die and everything doesnt always work out. I'm just so scared. I want this baby so badly. I feel like I cant show my feelings to my SO I feel like I have to be the one that is strong and I just don't think I can be the one that is strong all the time.
June 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It's so hard, it really is. I hope you get to the point where you can show your SO both good and bad.

With both my subsequent pregnancies I had to just tell myself "Everything is okay right now. Everything is okay right now." If I let myself think too far in the future the anxiety got the better of me.

June 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice on how to master the anxiety, but I do have boat loads of sympathy! The only thing I found I can do is concentrate on the moment and push away all the 'what ifs' etc. There's no doubt about it, being pregnant after stillbirth is a monster all it's own.

June 24th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what to tell you at this point as I'm going thru this myself right now. I'm so incredibly nervous and scared where before I was so laid-back about pregnancy. Just take it day by day and hope for the best. That's what I try to do anyway.

June 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!

June 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for your encouraging words! They are much appreciated! Laurie are you in my DDC?
June 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I am in your DDC. My presence in DDC's is usually limited, though. My reactions and experiences tend to be a bit different and I am concerned about offending people with my signature or, if I share my story or worries, that I will freak out people unnecessarily. I have been testing the waters here and there, but a lot of the posts are about buying things and picking names and I don't know if I will ever be able to bring myself to plan to bring a baby home. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but it is just the way it is. They seem like a lovely group of women, though. I quite like them.

June 24th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I too would love to post serious things but am afraid of scaring or freaking out the other mommies to be. How can you tell a mommy who is pregnant with her first child that you are afraid you won't bring yours home because you have already buried a baby? I'm glad I have a safe haven here where I can express my more serious concerns. But am also thankful for the ladies there, talking about the light fluffy things takes my mind off my worries, if only for a minute.
June 24th, 2010, 11:09 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
congtats hun x

June 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
congrats

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller