Anyone here on Lovenox?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone here take Lovenox or have in the past? I'm going to start taking it soon and i'm scared...Just wondering if anyone had any tips etc to share.

My doctor is also sending me to seattle to see a Peri...i'll be getting my NT scan down there at the university (which is a really good hopsital...my sister had my neice down there 14 years ago)...I'm also getting some sort of test done on my heart because of my past history with preeclampsia, and my blood pressure is already running high, and it did in my last 2 pregnancy's too...I might have to be put on BP meds.

March 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I haven't had to take Lovenox, but have given many Lovenox shots. Are you giving them to yourself or are you having someone else do it?
March 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I'll be giving them to myself and i'm scared! I have a weak stomach and I hope i'll be able to do it...I don't trust my DH or anyone else who's not a doctor or a nurse give them to me...My doctor's nurse never called back, so i'm not sure when i'll be starting...I might call them on monday.

March 12th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I don't blame you for being nervous. When you start they should go over it step by step with you. If they go over it with you and you still are unsure if you feel comfortable make sure to tell them and they will go over it with you again. The major thing to remember is to alternate injection sites and make sure to pinch up your skin to get the medicine in the right spot. Also we always say to give it in the abdomen it is absorbed best there. If you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask. I am curious why are you talking the Lovenox shots?
March 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I have MTHFR, 2 gene mutations (I can't remember which ones, I should of wrote them down)...At first we were just going to do baby aspirin, but my OB consulted a peri in Seattle and with 2 later losses they thought it would be best for me to start lovenox....She said we would start before the first trimester is over, so I assume it will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks....i'm still taking BA till then, and i'm on progesterone till 12 weeks.

March 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I see. I have a protein S deficiency, so I will be started on Lovenox as soon as I get pregnant. I also had a late loss just in December. As far as being worried, they are pretty easy to give. After you clean yourself with the alcohol prep pad I would recommend letting it dry because the shot won't burn as much. Good Luck!
March 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on lovenox starting with 30 week of pregnancy (took my doctor a while to decide if i should be on it or not), then switched to the other one (forgot the name) starting with 35th week. Usually my husband did the shots, but a few times I did myself. At first I was scared like you, but I had my Doctor do the first shot to teach us how to do it. It's really not a big deal, and I got used to it after a few times. It does not hurt all the time, it depends on which part of the skin you'll hit. What really helped was to rub the area with some ice right before you do the shot. Also I read on the Internet that you need to do the shot real quick, so it doesn't hurt, but for me it was the opposite, the slower I put the needle in, the less painful it was.

March 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on Lovenox for the 2nd time. I started at 3dpo when trying to conceive Cameron and I started at 5 weeks with this baby since we weren't exactly planning it....

I have APS and hetero MTHFR (C677T). I've always given myself the injections and you get used to it. I will say that I have found that the generic version sucks bad. But, it's all my insurance will cover this time so I'm stuck with it. Be prepared for some burning when the medicine goes in and some mild bruising at the injection site but I've never bruised bad.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search