What are/were your plans for birth?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What ere your plans for the birth of your rainbow baby?
Planned induction after 38 weeks 3 30.00%
Planned induction at 37 weeks 0 0%
Planned c-section after 38 weeks 1 10.00%
Planned c-section at 37 weeks 1 10.00%
Wait for baby to come when baby was ready 4 40.00%
Other - either different plans in general, or baby had plans of his/her own 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your delivery method? I really should have asked plans for currently pregnant women too.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Last edited by NutMeg76; June 3rd, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
June 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I suppose those of us that are pregnant now can answer too

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 3rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wont do the poll since I don't have my baby yet...My doctor told me this week that i'll be induced anywhere from 37-39 weeks because of my blood clotting problem and being on blood thinners....it all depends on what my placenta is doing and how baby looks

June 3rd, 2011, 11:50 PM
I belong to another pregnancy after stillbirth group and every woman that posted in a question today is being induced or having a c-section at 37 weeks. I can totally understand if there is a potential medical risk, like a clotting disorder. It sound like they are going to monitor you and baby and make the decision as the time requires. Not just say, "birth at 37 weeks because you had a loss." Some of them really have no medical reason to give birth that early and it kind of scares me. I wonder how many will have NICU babies because they are born too soon :/

Sail Back to Me
June 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If this baby survives and there are no complications that require birth earlier, then I will be having a c-section at a little over 39 weeks. I fully admit that I opted for the c-section over a VBAC because I didn't want to have the anxiety of labour.

June 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had Daniel at 35 weeks. I planned to have a C-section around 37, but he wasn't doing well, so they delivered him early. So I chose the last option.

My doctor actually scheduled the c-section at 39 weeks, but I had him talked into doing it at 37 just for my nerves.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
June 4th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
With Erin we induced at 38 weeks on the dot. He wouldn't go any earlier, and since my loss was at 38w1d, I wouldn't go any later. With Patrick I decided that I wanted to go into labor on my own, but the anxiety got the better of me and we induced at 39w3d. This one we're planning an induction at 39 weeks.

June 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
I belong to another pregnancy after stillbirth group and every woman that posted in a question today is being induced or having a c-section at 37 weeks. I can totally understand if there is a potential medical risk, like a clotting disorder. It sound like they are going to monitor you and baby and make the decision as the time requires. Not just say, "birth at 37 weeks because you had a loss." Some of them really have no medical reason to give birth that early and it kind of scares me. I wonder how many will have NICU babies because they are born too soon :/
I actually don't feel comfortable being induced at 37 weeks, I think it's too early...I would be comfortable being induced at 38 weeks only because I've been induced that early (for BP issues) and my baby was healthy...I honestly don't think my doctor would induce me early just for having a loss if it weren't for the fact that I have a clotting problem...I understand someone wanting to be induced early for a late loss, i'm sure i'd feel the same way...I didn't have a late loss, but then again i'm not sure how i'll feel till the baby is out and alive! I could be a big ball of anxiety.

June 5th, 2011, 12:26 AM
If I could be induced I might consider it. I can totally understand scheduling a RCS for a woman with a prior c-section because you can't rally be induced early. That is way, way different from scheduling a very early elective c-section.

I think I was just really thrown that these women all believe that there is no risk with delivering early. They said things like, 'your doctor knows best, so don't let people scare you.' Or "the doctor wouldn't induce if there was any risk.' One even said her doctor told her there was almost zero chance her baby would end up in the NICU. At 37 weeks? There is a pretty goo chance the baby will stay in the NICU if even just for a few hours. Heck there are some hospitals that require a NICU stay for ALL babies born by c-section because it is an independent risk factor for breathing difficulties, not life threatening if threated, but still there.

If someone is having crazy anxiety and wants to go against the doctors advice and KNOWS the risks, that is their decision. But, the blindly trust the doctor, and then get upset if the risks are mentioned, that scares me a little bit.

Sail Back to Me
June 6th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to deliver between 37 and 38 weeks since Eric died at 38 weeks and couple of days. My doctor told me that under the law unless he has a medical reason he could not do it earlier than 39 weeks (even with the fact that I was on lovenox). Anyway then as it got closer to the date, and the night after my last check-up at almost 38 weeks my labor had started (I'm pretty sure the doctor had something to do with it). The contractions weren't that strong the next day, but the doctor made them admit me to the labor and delivery anyway. As the day went by and contractions weren't getting stronger he put me on pitocin, but after a few minutes they turned it off since it was affecting the baby. A few hours after that the contractions were getting stronger and I dialated pretty quickly. I had Michael at 9 pm that night. So he was born a 38 weeks. He had a short stay at NICU due to rapid breathing but I'm not sure if it had to do anything with being 2 weeks early or other reasons as I know it's a pretty common condition.

June 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
noworries
I said "wait for baby to come when baby was ready". Eli was born at 26 weeks so I didn't have the anxiety that some of you ladies have of the actual birth process because he didn't die during birth. I also knew the cause of Eli's death and knew that the likelihood of that happening again so impossibly low. All of that coupled with my desire for a natural birth (no meds) made the decision to wait until baby decided the best decision for me and baby.
June 14th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I waited for when baby was ready, which incidentally was pretty early...37.5 weeks. I also didn't suffer from anxiety about the late stages of pregnancy because I didn't have a late loss and we were certain that Victor did not have the same disease that took Lucy's life.
June 27th, 2011, 09:04 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was very determined to go until I went into labor, which I did (at 39w4d). Next time I plan to do the same thing.

Our hospital no longer does planned inductions before 39 weeks for anything but a medical emergency, which honestly I'm very glad about.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search