First pregnancy and freaked out!

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hi! I'm 34 and just found out this weekend that I am pregnant (5 tests, all positive). This is a planned pregnancy but now that it's actually happened I'm really freaked out. My emotions are going crazy and my breasts hurt like the dickens. I have my first appointment at the end of the month and am both nervous and excited about it. My husband and I have been together 8 years and married for one and he seems to be coping with this a heck of a lot better than I am. The only people I've told are my step-father and my boss, and I only told my boss because I'm starting to forget things and I'm becoming increasingly tired. My mother passed away in November and i figured my step-father could use some good news, otherwise I would have waited until I was a little further along.

I feel rather alone because I want to wait before we tell our friends and the rest of our family until we know that this pregnancy will continue. I guess I just need a group of people I can tell and to whom I can turn for help and advice right now. Although my husband is there for me I feel that I need to talk to people who know what I'm going through and who can give me real life advice.
March 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Ashley11
Aww, well it will be great! Except for the morning sickness and everything else. . .lol I'm a FTM as well except mine wasn't planned, but it is one of the best surprises I have ever gotten! Everything will be fine for you I am sure. I'm due April 5th and I am still freaked out over a lot, so you aren't alone.

Since we don't know your due date quite yet. . .when you find out we have due date clubs you can join and in there you can chit chat with ladies due in the same month as you and you can all talk about what you are going through, it's easy to relate that way because you are all due in the same month and you can make so many friendships.

Are you hoping for boy or girl? Or you just want a baby? lol. Do you have any name ideas?

Good luck girl! And congrats on your baby!
March 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM
11gatorgal11's Avatar Super Mommy
Awww congrats! I just found out a week ago that I was pregnant as well with my first and totally not planned at all. Once we got the results from the blood test we called my husband's family and then my family. A couple of days later we just told very close friends and will keep it that way until we hear the heartbeat.
It's nice to come on here and be able to talk about it. It's really up to you when you want to let everyone know.
How far along do you think you are? I have been very lucky so far only having mild cramps, some back pain, and tender b's! I haven't had any morning sickness, thank god!
When I told my DH he was so excited and is still way more excited than I am right now. It's taking me awhile to get use to the idea, so I know exactly how you feel.
Good luck and hope you have a HHP!
March 11th, 2011, 09:02 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3

March 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
moonshine's Avatar Regular
hey there, many congratulations! i completely relate to your situation as i am 32 and also my first pregnancy. i am a few months ahead though as my due date is in august.

the first 6 weeks i didnt even know i was pregnant and was doing all my high impact training (karate, kick boxing) and feeling sick most of the time.

when i found out of course i was in the middle of all the usual first trimester symptoms - nausea, aches in my back/legs, swollen ankles, forgetfulness, mood swings.... and yes lots of breast ache especially turning over at night was so painful! good news is that around my 13th week i started feeling much better, physically at least. I hear most women do feel better in their 2nd trimester so hang in there

all the best and wish you a happy pregnancy!
March 11th, 2011, 05:11 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Welcome to JustMommies

Here are some boards you might be interested in!

Pregnancy Questions
Due Date Clubs (not sure which one you'll need )
First Time Mommies & Mommies to be

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! So glad you have joined us and please check out the boards that she suggested!

March 13th, 2011, 06:05 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 13th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Hello I am new here too, not a lot of time to chat now, but I have one thing I want to say. I am 22 and my sons are 4 and 7. I was afraid of how to take care of the baby and don't think I had too much time to worry about how I felt or the bad that could happen and I just let my body accept what was happening and in doing that, it allowed me to release the fears and enjoy being pregnant, and enjoy the thought of that baby in my arms. Something you can do, if you haven't already, is go and look at as many sites as you can at fetal development. Maybe sign up to receive a newsletter that updates you on what your baby is doing and how its growing.. it really gives you a bond that you can't get without taking the time to learn about it or someone else telling you. Good luck and I hope things work out well... I will be praying for your happy and healthy nine months!!

March 14th, 2011, 03:59 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to JM. I hope you enjoy it here

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 14th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! welcome to justmommies

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Tags
advice , first pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search