New To This

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hello-
My name is Shae. Im new to all this internet discussions and what not, but I have been told it's a great way to make friends and get advise that isnt biast or from the mother-in-law....

Here is a little about myself. I'm 21 years old and I have a 3and a half mnth old son,(Toccoa). Toccoa and I recently made a very long trip to Sigonella, Sicily where my husband has been stationed. We are set to be here for 3 years.

Now that I am here, first time out of the country, this military base feels more like a prison then a home. I miss my family and friends but most of all my freedom to simply run to the grocery store on my own...

I need friends and advice and just a place to go without getting out of the house! I'm not sure how this whole thing works so all the advice I can get would be so great!

Thanks, Shae
August 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Hello and welcome to JM I hope you find the support you need here!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
to JM!

I'm sorry you're so far away from family and friends, hopefully you'll gain some new friends and experiences in Italy. In the meantime there's plenty of wonderful ladies here that you can connect with and get to know!
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
August 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Valerie.'s Avatar Loving life as a mom
Hi and Welcome

August 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Welcome to JM hope to see you at Twentysomething Mommies - JustMommies Message Boards

August 28th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hello Shae! First of all welcome to JM! Secondly, I read ya loud & clear hon! I lived in South Korea while my husband was stationed there 2 years ago and I remember feeling the exact same way! Granted I was lucky to not have a baby to worry about, I do remember how isolated and lonely I felt. If you need someone to chat with I'm almost always around.
August 30th, 2011, 10:50 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Welcome!

Did you know that 90% of all car seats are used incorrectly? Come by Car Seat Safety to learn more and make sure you are in that 10%.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 3rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This is a really friendly community so you will certainly make some new friends here hon. You might want to find your son's Playroom to meet other moms with kids the same age. Scroll down on the main message board page to the 2011 Playrooms near the top. Military Mommies may also be a good place for you to meet women in a similar situation.

The Mommy Lounge (see link to follow and in my siggy) is an off-topic forum for chat about anything and everything and we would welcome you too.

Other than that just explore the boards and see if there are any other groups you'd like to join too!

Welcome to JM Shae !!

I'm Sharron, co-host of The Mommy Lounge, Loss of a Parent, Love & Sex, and Waiting to Try to Conceive. Hope to see you around the boards.

September 8th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search