Hello JustMommies newbie needing support

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hi! well i'm currently 10wks pregnant with my 1st child and me and the father are together but I feel no emotional support from him at all. All we do is argue about this same issue. I have to remind him i'm pregnant and that I need a little more understanding and love from him but he doesn't seem to understand or care...even though he says he does. It's putting a major strain on our relationship because i'm feeling cheated out of a beautiful pregnancy experience along side of the man I love and the daddy to be to my unborn 1st . I feel like just running away from all of this and being alone with my pregnancy and baby because I rather suffer alone than be there for him doing all the at home wife stuff (cleaning, cooking etc) and i'm not getting anything back especially now that i'm pregnant....he's being so insensitive and had the nerve to say 'Wow cause your the 1st woman to ever be pregnant!.' it made me feel so unwanted, angry, and unappreciated . I don't know what to do...i'm lost and confused.

Last edited by Momtoobe; December 21st, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
December 21st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Branduxa's Avatar Praying for #2
Hello,

Welcome to justmommies. I'm sorry you're going through this while pregnant. I really hope you can find some support on this board from someone who had a similar experience or just support in general. Good luck to you and I truly hope things start to get better for you in your home life!
December 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you so much for your kindness and I hope I do aswell.
December 22nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
brightmommy's Avatar Veteran
Hi, I am new here also. I didn't really have the same problems you are having with my pregnancy my husband was very supportive, however he did and still does need incentive to help around the house. He will do things when I ask him (sometimes with a little whining though) but he is not good at just jumping in when he sees something that needs done. I had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) early in my pregnancy from week 6 to about 5 months. I was even put in the hospital twice for being dehydrated and I was trying to finish my student teaching and last semester of college at the same time. Needless to say it was a strain because I was exhausted and horribly sick all of the time, so my husband was kind of thrown into the helping out thing by necessity.

What exactly are you and your SO arguing about? If it is because you are tired or sick just try explaining to him that this normally only lasts a few weeks and then you begin to get back more energy. Maybe you could get him to agree to help out just a couple of days a week, or even just a couple of jobs around the house.
If it is the emotional stuff that is a problem maybe you could try doing something baby related together to get him more involved? Sometimes it takes awhile for men to feel that emotional connection with their baby especially in the early pregnancy because they can't really see, feel, hear, etc. anything with the baby yet where as you are carrying the baby and your body is changing. Maybe you could take some time to pick out baby stuff together, start working on getting baby's room ready, or just start discussing names? It might help him feel more connected with baby and you. Sorry so long

Tags
broken , no support , pregnant , relationship strain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search