First time mommy's first time posting!

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nattiebear
  • 1 Post By i:heart:you

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hey there! My name is Natalie and I'm pregnant with our first little one, dubbed for now as Gummy Bear. I'm 24 years old and have been with my husband, Ryan, for 5 1/2 years and we have been married for 1 1/2.

My pregnancy discovery story is sort of amusing, actually. For a week or two, all I could think about was babies. My husband and I weren't... "supposed" to want to have kids. I was fighting it, trying to convince myself by fighting off others pushing it on me. My husband SWORE that he never wanted kids, and I was afraid of becoming pregnant for fear of losing him.

Funny thing? I stopped being careful with him, and he with me.

I knew I was pregnant. All I knew was that I knew it. There had been "scares" in the past (we weren't always the best about being careful, really, and considering that I started dating him when I was 18, the thought of being a young mother horrified me.), but I knew this. My husband and I ran to the grocery store to grab something quick to eat, and I gave him a few bucks for his sandwich and told him that I had to grab some "girly things". While he was checking out, I stood hiding behind a high shelf of feminine hygiene products. Once he checked out, I quickly grabbed a 3-pack box of pregnancy tests and rushed to check out. I ran to the restroom and took one. Within 10 seconds, both little lines popped up.

"F**k."

I ran out to the tables where my husband was sitting and eating his sub, and told him that we had to leave. With a mouthful of food, he stared at me. "You can finish your sandwich in the car." We rushed out to the car and I sobbed. He asked me what was wrong, and I just sobbed. I couldn't say it. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" "yes... I am so sorry." "Don't apologize, Natalie. What brand did you use?" "The store brand." "I want you to go to work and buy a name brand. I don't know that I trust generics." "...Baby, they're all the same thing." "Still, there's something funny going on." "*sigh.* Fine, Ryan."

Took a second test in the morning. Still pregnant.

The next day or so was numb, fearful. I went to work the next day, numb and fearful. I bought a box of First Response and brought it home.

Peed on two more that night. Still pregnant. I made an appointment for the next afternoon to go and take a blood test.

The next morning, my husband was talking to me in the car before taking me to work. (Worked half a day before leaving to go to the hospital.) He told me that he was glad to be having this baby, and that it was a beautiful blessing. I cried, out of relief and joy. We went to the appointment later, took the test.

Went home that night after going to his parents' house (that kid never could keep a secret.) and took a fifth pee test.

On March 1st, I found out that I was pregnant with our first child. On February 27th, I peed on a stick in a Pick N' Save bathroom and had a panic attack.

I am in love with a wonderful man who is thrilled to be a daddy. The thought of being a mother is one of the most beautiful, albeit scariest, that I've ever experienced. I am due October 25th, and am 10w4d pregnant. I have experienced virtually no morning sickness (spare for intermittent nausea) and am in a state of bliss.

Ashleigh Ann or Benjamin Robert, your momma and daddy love you.

Last edited by nattiebear; April 2nd, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
April 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats and Welcome! check out your ddc, I was the mommy guide for this group, they are great ladies...

Due Date Club for October 2012 - JustMommies Message Boards

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
April 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krislati View Post
Congrats and Welcome! check out your ddc, I was the mommy guide for this group, they are great ladies...
Done and done, sweetie! thanks much! <3
i:heart:you likes this.
April 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
No problem, I'm sure you'll love it there!
nattiebear likes this.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
April 3rd, 2012, 05:08 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM! and Congrats!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
to JM!

on your pregnancy!
TTC Our #1 Red Sox|Bruins|Celtics|Patriots Fan
April 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM