New to JM & First Time Mommy-to-be

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hey ladies

I'm new to the boards and in the midst of my first pregnancy. I'm due to have a beautiful boy on February 20th, 2013. I joined hoping to meet other woman who opted for a natural birth and learn from their experiences. I'm going through a local birth center and working with a midwife/friend. Hoping to have an all-natural water birth at the center when the time comes, but I'm admittedly quite nervous. I have found very few people I know that did not choose a hospital birthing scenario, nor have I found anyone to confide in who did not receive an epidural or other pain medication while in labor. At this point I've done a lot of self-education along with the information my midwife has provided, but lacking the first-hand stories of those who went the same route has left me feeling unprepared for all the unknowns of the big day. Hoping others here can give me some insight and advice. Thank you!
December 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hope to pass this time very confident any without any bad news. Dont take any stress and any physical pressure within this time.
December 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Um... what?
Was that even in response to my intro? Sorry... kinda cornfused...

Last edited by escape artist; December 8th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
December 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Nevermind I guess? Thought this was where the friendliest mommies were...
Oh well. I've had to figure out everything on my own so far
Guess I'll continue to do so...
December 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi, welcome and congrats!!!!!!

sorry this board doesnt get alot of traffic.

you should check out your due date club - Due Date Club of February 2013 - JustMommies Message Boards
and the natural childbirth board - Natural Childbirth - JustMommies Message Boards

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 24th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I have found very few people I know that did not choose a hospital birthing scenario, nor have I found anyone to confide in who did not receive an epidural or other pain medication while in labor. At this point I've done a lot of self-education along with the information my midwife has provided, but lacking the first-hand stories of those who went the same route has left me feeling unprepared for all the unknowns of the big day. Hoping others here can give me some insight and advice. Thank you!

Tags
first time mommy , natural birth , water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search