TTC #3 After having Mirena for 5 years

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By liliforshort
  • 1 Post By Praying4agirl
  • 1 Post By franbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hi, my name is Liliana. I am new to this site. I have two boys, 6 &8. I had my mirena taken out on August 28,2012. Me and my husband have been trying since I had it removed. It was so easy to get pregnant before, but now it has been harder too. Is it my age, I will be 32 this coming week. Or it might be the mirena which I had in for 5 years ?I would like someones input, if you are going through this experience or if you have?
January 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi and welcome!!!

you should def pop by the TTC board, the ladies there may have some experiences with the mirena - Trying to Conceive - JustMommies Message Boards
hope you get your BFP soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
Hi and Welcome.... we have a 3 1/2 yr old son and are currently ttc #2. I ailso had my mirena removed Aug 30th this year after having it in for 2 years and haven't been able to get preg since.... i did have a chemical in october but that was all. With our son we weren't even trying and he resulted b/c we didn't pull out once (sorry if tmi) and now it seems almost impossible to get pregnant I too am thinking it may be the mirena.... i just turned 30 so its not like we are that old by any means...

Hopefully your stay here is short and you get your BFP soon!! fingers crossed!!
January 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you Fran baby. Still trying and we won't give up. I wish you luck too.
franbaby likes this.
January 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Hi there, wow, similar story. My husband and I also have two boys and have decided to go for baby #3. I had my mirena removed December 6 2012 I had it for 5 1/2 years and we just started trying. I haven't gotten pregnant yet so I can't give much input if the mirena is the problem. But I saw your post and had to reply. I hope you and your husband successful, good luck!
liliforshort likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Excited first time mommy!
I don't think it's the age, two women in my family had kids in their late forties! Good luck
January 18th, 2013, 07:44 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too, had the mirena for a little over 5 years. I had to have it surgically removed last march. After removal, I went on nuva ring until the new year and my fiancé and I decided that we would leave fate to GOD. I have a 6 year old DD from a previous marriage and my fiancé has no children of his own. I will be 31 this summer so I'm really hoping age isn't a factor. Again, this is my first cycle TTC since I got pg with dd in May of 2006 at the age of 23. Has anyone had success after the mirena? Good luck to you!!!!!
January 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
Good luck to all of you!! I received a positive OPK o CD18 and we are able to BD that am and pm so fingers crossed we caught that egg this cycle!!! I am just glad to know that I am ovulating after mirena removal!

Babydust for us all!!
liliforshort likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for sharing your comments. I am still trying. Keeping my fingers crossed to be pregnant this February. Baby dust to you all as well.
January 21st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Good luck to you too.
May 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Just an update. I am finally pregnant after mirena removal. Took about six months. I am sixteen weeks now. So yes it is possible. That same month though I went for an accupuncture to relieve stress. This same month I found out I was pregnant In February.
May 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM! good luck

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

June 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Welcome!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Tags
mirena removal , ttc #3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: