I'm new here ... but Am I crazy?

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 01:13 PM
Im new here, but not new to forums.
Just looking for a bit of reassurance (maybe) and insight.

Just a little background

My DH and I have been together for 12 yrs. We both have kids, all older. I have 3 girls (19, 17, 15) and twin boys (16) and he has 2 boys (19, 15) and 1 girl (13).

Weve always talked about having an ours but never really made the decision to take the step. We have custody of all 3 of my DHs kids, at different stages. His x is crazy & has wreaked havoc on all of us over the years and we cannot seem to get away from her (a whole other story). The first being his 15 yr old son when he was 7. He suffered a lot of abuse from his mom and were always in/out of therapy & dealing w/ emotional issues and violent outbursts having another never seemed to be the right thing to do.

We started talking about it again about 2 yrs ago when his daughter started pushing us to have a baby but nothing more than a bit of joking around. This started again around this past fall. Its time for my Mirena to be removed and he simply has made multiple comments to just leave it out. BC pills make me sick and I got pregnant w/ my last not only being on the pill, but 8 wks on depo.

Fast forward to now we lost my 15 yr old step son in December. Since then, it has kinda come up more often and weve discussed it quite in depth. We both know that having another will not bring him back and this was not our intention, but it feels more right now, than ever. The few people that I have mentioned our thoughts to, whom I thought would tell me Ive lost my mind to have another at 43, w/ 8 kids already and the youngest being 5 yrs from being out of the house have all said they think its great.

Im healthier now than I was in my 20/30s. I dont smoke. Im 65 lbs lighter. I eat healthy and workout several days a week.

We have decided not to go to any extraordinary measures Im simply planning to have my IUD removed and see what happens. If its meant to be, it will be.

Im not so much worried about starting over as I am worried about my age and complications.

HAVE I LOST MY MIND?
February 1st, 2013, 04:16 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
First off...hello and welcome... I'm so sorry about your stepson....but do not think you have lost your mind at all....and I wish you luck ttc
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
First, welcome to the boards...I am fairly new around here still as well - I hope you enjoy it.
And next, I am very sorry to hear about your step-son, and I don't think you are crazy at all, if you are healthy and your dr thinks everything is a go, I don't see why your age should matter at all - you seem up to it!
Good luck TTC!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search