New to this world

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I am ridiculously new to this world and i'm not even sure I have wrapped my head around it yet. I just found out on Friday. I haven't even been to the doctor yet to get the "official" word yet so i'm not even sure when my due date is. I was on the pill, then I wasn't, then I was and quite honestly I don't even remember when my last period was! I feel like that makes me a horrible person for not paying attention. Needless to say this was not planned...I have been with my bf going on six years but I can't say we are ready. Then again I can't say we are not ready. My only real problem is we live with his mom. Financially we can survive, even with a kid, but we can't afford to get out on our own. I just know later on down the line, the living with her will be a problem for me.

I don't know what to do with myself. Part of me wants to jump up and down and scream it from the roof tops but the other half is scared to death that something will happen and I will lose it. What to do....

I'm hoping to find lots of support here since i've officially worn out google!

Thanks for listening!

Jen
February 3rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Hello Jen, I'm Carrie. I found out Saturday morning, and I'm still kind of shocked. I also haven't been to the doc yet, but I have an appointment in a little over a week from now. I was originally going to the doc to ask about my ovarian cyst problems, but now....agghh! So exciting! I can't believe it!!! From reading your post, it seems we have a lot in common; I live with my Mom, and my BF and I were not planning this pregnancy either. So far I am the only one who knows, in my family, and I'm still nervous/anxious/excited, all of those emotions at once. Couldn't even sleep last night...but like I said, it's not just fear, but a lot of joy too.

I am here for you, feel free to talk to me if you like! I'm hoping to find support here as well, since I am sacred and happy and really, really new to this also. I'm 23, and have never been pregnant before.

Anyway, welcome! Everything will be ok. I am not that well-off financially myself, and neither is my BF...but we have love, a LOT of it...and that is going to help us survive. And you as well. We have to let ourselves be happy (I'm tearing up as I type this, because I AM so happy, but so so worried at the same time).

So basically, I understand....It's gonna be ok

-Carrie
February 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Kholmes04's Avatar Veteran
Hey jen i'm kayla I dont know my TRUE offical date yet either because I havent went to the dr yet plan on going soon Im sorry about the situation with the mom it is hard right now with the way the economy is going but things will get better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search