Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!
Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.
We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
My name is Audrey and I am almost 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I were trying for about 8 months and finally concieved. I am very new to this and would like to know where to start. I know I have to go to the doctors to get checked out and the ball rolling but there are other things I have questions to....
1) What can you no eat when pregnant?
2) What are somethings your doctor told you not to do...running, cleaning things, hot bath.. things that can hurt the baby??
3) How many weeks till you show on your first pregnancy?
4) When do you get to find out gender?
5) How to cope with stress?
5) How to cope with no smoking?
6) What type of workouts are good for you and baby?
7) what are the best foods for pregnancy?
If you can think of anything that could help. I would love it. Thanks
Hello and welcome! I just had a baby in Nov, I'll try to answer some of your questions from what my Dr told me, yours may have different thoughts on it. Also, be sure to check out your due date club, there you can talk to other ladies who may be going through the same things as you.
1) What can you no eat when pregnant? I was told no lunch meat (unless you heat it for 30 seconds), no rare meat, no sushi, so seared fish, you can have tuna in moderation, no unpasteurized dairy, no high mercury fish, other seafood in moderation...thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
2) What are somethings your doctor told you not to do...running, cleaning things, hot bath.. things that can hurt the baby?? I could do all my regular activity. Warm baths are fine, just not anything too hot, like hot tubs should be avoided.
3) How many weeks till you show on your first pregnancy? This is so different for everyone and every pregnancy. I personally did not start to show until week 25, some women start to show as early as 12 weeks, it really depends on your body type, the position of your baby and uterus. But the uterus/baby is behind your pelvic bone and doesn't start to rise into the abdomen until around 12 weeks.
4) When do you get to find out gender? usually anytime after 16 weeks (they can sometimes tell you earlier but it really isn't too accurate until 16 weeks and after). Most Dr will do a 20 week ultrasound and they should be able to tell you then, as long as baby cooperates.
5) How to cope with stress? I used warm baths, yoga, massages (after the 1st tri) and meditation
5) How to cope with no smoking? I didn't smoke, so can't really help there
6) What type of workouts are good for you and baby? if you were already active, you can continue your workouts. Walking is great for you while pregnant. I also really enjoyed prenatal yoga.
7) what are the best foods for pregnancy? healthy foods. Fruits, veggies all that good stuff. Many people think you need to "eat for two", but thats not the case. You only need to eat about 300 extra calories while pregnant.
Advice: try not to stress to much. Take your prenatal vitamins, if they make you sick, try them with food or before bed. Go to your OB appointments. Drink lots and lots of water, trust me if you don't drink enough you can feel pretty crummy. Eat as healthy as possible. Don't worry if your doctor doesn't schedule your first appointment until 9 weeks or after, thats not uncommon. Um, pregnancy flew by for me, so I say enjoy every minute of it, it can be uncomfortable and miserable but it's so amazing. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me. Congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope I helped some what!