Glad I found this-needing advice!

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
New & not sure if I'm in the right place..Any input would be amazing!! I feel like there's a chance I am pregnant but don't know if it's just me questioning things too much. My boyfriend and I are not purposely TTC, but we knowingly do not use protection, nor does he 'pull out' to prevent anything from happening either. In the past yr I have been on the depo shot form of BC twice, but never consistantly. Each time it has messed up the length of my cycle, cycle dates, etc. (Which I know is expected when on BC) Since we aren't purposely trying, but still aware it may happen, I have been continuing to live my normal lifestyle (drinking & smoking cigarettes). My BC ended in March, and I did not properly track the dates AF came to town since except for last month..if my cycle is back to normal then I am now 2 days late. I've been having symptoms that could possibly be pregnancy or just the normal PMS. I'll feel somewhat sick, but it's not so much of a nausea, just a blah kinda feeling in my tummy sometimes in the morn or throughout the day. I have been extremely tired & cramping the past few days, but not the same kind of cramps I usually feel when it's about that time. I took one at home test last week, and another today. Both were a BFN. I feel like it's too soon or I'm just worrying way too much..of course only time will really tell. Even though I've mentioned we aren't purposely TTC, we would be ESTATIC if it were to happen. IDK if it's just me personally, or my body telling me cut back, but even smoking the past week or so has been almost repulsing to me, I don't really like them as much, and haven't been drinking as much either simply cause I don't want it like normal. I hate the waiting game & wish I could go one way or the other, pregnant or about to start my period, that way I can stop everything now to prevent any problems.
July 18th, 2013, 05:11 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been there in the past, always ended up in not pregnant for me (though I was on the pill at those times but it was at times where I had missed taking it a few days in those months). Not to worry you or keep you in the uncertainty but if you are not using any protection, you're outcome may be different them mine were!

It's tough to wait but it's the only way to find out. Wait a few days, preferably a week, and then test again to put your mind at ease. Some tests have high percentages of accuracy very close to when you miss your period. The more you wait to test the more accurate the result will be and the less you will have to test again.

Pregnant or not, this could be a good opportunity to stop smoking. It's never a bad time to do that!
Best of luck in the waiting game.
July 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM
You're right about this being a good time to try & stop! Thank you for the advice, it's always great to hear other's reassurance even if it's still so up in the air
July 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to JM!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

July 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search