1st pregnancy

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 1 Post By Graybaby
  • 1 Post By eve1989
  • 1 Post By Graybaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Hello all!

My name is Tenetrice, I'm 31, this is my first pregnancy (no miscarriages, abortions, etc) and I am E.X.C.I.T.E.D!! Can you tell? I am 8 weeks and 5 days and had my first Gyno visit today with a midwife (that was fabulous by the way...I almost wish she could deliver my baby, but I have an actual OBGYN that is going to deliver my baby on or around September 5 2014) she gave me a pap smear, took another urine sample, blood pressure, family history etc, BUT no vaginal sonogram! They said they didn't have the machine to do so and the GYNO that's doing the delivery is booked until March 6th! (thus, being the reason I went to the midwife today because I didn't want to wait until my 13th week to see my baby, fetus, blueberry, kidney bean, whatever I have) Unfortunately I have to anyway but by then at least I will hopefully, hear the heartbeat. I think I'm excited. Regrettably, I have not finished school for nursing and am not where I want to be in life right now. BUT, I figure it's my fault. The Lord gave me AMPLE amount of time to finish school and get my life together, but I choose to party and etc, but that's ok. I can only go forward, not backward and plan accordingly to continue to take the baby steps from LVN TO RN TO CRNA so my growing family can have the things most of us didn't.

I found out a few days ago I was pregnant (8 weeks 0 days) and unfortunately I had been drinking and actually had a drink a few hours before I found out, but the doctor said what I'm doing NOW is what matters. I wake up dizzy, but no real morning sickness. I also wake up with slight cramping, this morning it was the worse it's ever been. My sense of smell is through the roof, I frequent the bathroom a little more these days, my hunger has increased and at times is non existent did I mention I am about 260 pounds and was losing weight before I got pregnant but now I'm going to gain it right back..double BUT NO WORRIES! No matter what curve ball I am being thrown I always seem to knock it out the park. This should be no problem....RIGHT?!! I hope not...
January 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! About the weight gain..if you are eating healthy and still doing moderate excersise you could very well still loose weight while pregnant..or at the very least only gain a little bit! just gotta stay being helathy
Graybaby likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Hi!

Yes, I have continued to eat my leafy greens, salads, no sodas, plenty of water and exercise, etc so hopefully, like you said I won't gain too much.
Rainbow Momma likes this.
January 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Veteran
Hello. I am also a Mom to be. I share with your sentiments and the challenges you are facing. But having a good walk, light exercises for pregnant women especially breathing exercises and pelvic exercises help me a lot. Also, sticking with the right diet, esp green vegetables and a lot of water, because there are times we get constipated.
Graybaby likes this.
January 30th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Hello!

Yes keeping up with my exercise routine and maintaining my health is my number one goal, besides making sure my baby is healthy. I haven't incorporated the squats though. I heard I should do some kegals too. Thanks to my boyfriend I get plenty of greens, he is a little bit more fit than I am and is trying to help, me help our child. So thankfully I have someone there to help me out. And have you experienced the constipation yet...not fun

So when are you due?
February 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy

February 11th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Welcome to Justmommies!!

I'm Jennifer. Host of Military Mommies. I hope to see you around!

February 12th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Hi @hazeleyes and @Dakotas_mom!
Dakotas_mom likes this.
February 12th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Today ultra sound day!!!!!!! Almost to the doctor and I'm nervous that I can't keep anything in or stay still,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search