Unplanned teen pregnancy

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rushedmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Hi, everyone, my name is Alexis. I recently took two pregnancy test, which both came out positive. I am 3 days late on my period, so according to this website, I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am 18 years old and my boyfriend is a good bit older than me, I am extremely nervous about becoming a mother, even if it is off in the distances. I have always been told that I would make a great mom, but now that it is real, I am so scared to know what might happen. . I am looking for a support group or to gain some knowledge about what is going to happen to my body.
May 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I would do a google search for pregnancy support groups in your area, and contact your local WIC office. Here is a link to the WIC websites in the US WIC State agencies-alphabetical Even if you don't qualify for services, they may be able to refer you to community programs that fit your concerns. 18 isn't too young to be having a baby, so don't worry. I'm sure you will do fine! I've known plenty of mommies who had their first child at a young age and they turned out to be great parents. As for what's going to happen to your body-every woman is different. My mom had 6 kids and never got any stretch marks, I had zebra stripes everywhere after baby #1 (and I didn't even gain that much weight!). Just follow the doctor's orders, eat right, drink plenty of water, and take your prenatals. Congrats and best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy!
lexie18 likes this.
May 18th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Thank you, I'm going to look into that website right now. I am hoping not to get stretch marks but I guess it is like rolling the dice. I am drinking about a gallon of water a day, and trying to eat healthy. I am glad that I posted on here, thank you a lot.
May 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
congrats! sounds like your doing the right thing. there are several boards here you may like, the DDC of your due date and teen board. welcome!
May 20th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks I am excited to get more involved in this little online community .
June 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Veteran
hi,18 is not that young.Just be healthy and take good care of the baby inside your tummy.Don't worry too much about your body,it will really change maybe a bit for some.But there are a lot of ways to lose weight after giving birth.I know you'll be great mom.God bless
June 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Hey lexie18, I was 18 when I had my son and it's when my life changed. I really was not much of a kid friendly person , and honestly due to me being extremely naive, I never thought that I would become pregnant. I struggled immensely because I was still emotionally immature, but through perseverance and dedication I have managed raising my son on my own. I think you'll do a wonderful job and the perk of being a young mom is that you have time on your side . If you can mentally wrap your head around the fact that you'll be fully responsible for a beautifful, innocent child, and that you have to show it love, you'll be good to go . A big congrats and God bless

Last edited by BlackIce; June 25th, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
July 23rd, 2014, 04:19 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Well that was rude. Why bother commenting that?

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
July 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Alexis, welcome to JustMommies. I'm new on here too, though not new to pregnancy or motherhood. I was also 18 when I became pregnant with my 3-year-old son Brayden and was still 18 when I had him. I found out I was pregnant a month after I turned 18. My DH was 20 at the time, a little older, but not much. If you ever have any questions or just want someone to talk to, you can always message me! Good luck and congratulations! Have you told your OH yet?

Tags
excited , nervous , pregnancy , teen , unplanned

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search