Hello

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2005, 05:26 PM
britneydawnly
gone
April 30th, 2005, 06:45 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome

April 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI Britney, and welcome,

You're going to hate me, and please don't let it turn you off to JM, but you're 15 and TTC?? Why? What do your parents have to say? Getting pregnant accidentally at your age is one thing, but TTC is kinda different.

Please give it some REALLY serious thought and speak to someone: a parent, counselor, teacher-- some adult who can help you think this through. Please.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
May 1st, 2005, 03:30 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome, I agree with everything Alice said

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
May 1st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Regular
Welcome to JM! I am Katherine, mom to Anna who is two and expecting our second girl in July. Let me know if you need anything while on JM.

Katheirne | Wife to Adam | Anna, 2 | Grace, Due 7/6/05
Visit My Parenting Blog | My Creative Scrapbooking Blog | Family Photo Album | E-mail me

</center>
May 1st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome to JM! My name is Melody i am 18 i have a 14 month old boy named Jacob and i am pregnant with my second son Ryan, due on Aug. 3rd. Hope you enjoy your stay!
May 1st, 2005, 06:38 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome.

I'm gonna have to agree with Alice on this. Why are you in such a rush to have a baby? Do you have a career? Do you have health insurance (not through your parents because that wont cover the baby)? Have you graduated HS yet or do you plan on dropping out so that you child has no one to look up to? Do you have any idea how much a baby costs? The first year alone is gonna cost at least $10,000. I know you may want a baby. Yes they are fun. But they are responsibility. Its a human life. One that deserves nothing but the best and a 15 yr old cant give it everything it needs.

May 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
Hello I am Jennifer And i am due at the end of this month with a baby boy and i am 18.

I agree with alice on this also. I did not choose to become a mom but i am now facing the fact that i am going to be one. You really need to think about your decision on this. If you are doing it to keep your guy then it is not worth it. If you are doing it to get back at your parents its not worth it. You honestly need to sit down and think about why you are ttc and realise that it is a BIG DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious i love the fact i am having my kid but i have also planned out my life. As soon as i found out i was pregnant i graduated high school. I got scholarships to start college in the fall and i have insurance for me and my child. If you want to talk seriously you can e-mail me JGoldinger@msn.com...

I just hope that you are doing this for the right reasons and i also hope that you are understanding the consequences and all the responsiblities that come with this. Please i am here to help if you need some one to talk to. I am being a single mom because as soon as i got pregnant the dad couldnt take it, and he was 22. He wasnt quite grown up yet but still older then most and he still left me cause he was a child.

I am serious when i say that you can talk to me. That is the great thing about strangers is when it is some thing that you are embarrased to talk about you can talk to them about it and they really dont care.

Please send me and e-mail if you want. But welcome to jm i hope you find the support that you need from us.

<div align="center"></div>
May 2nd, 2005, 06:10 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I hope you seriously rethink your decision. At 22 having my first was hard enough. I would say finish school and get your diploma before considering this again. Have something to offer any child that you would have. That being an education, a steady paying job with the means to afford him/her, a stable long term relationship and so much more that would be an asset in raising a baby. I think you have gotten some great responses and I hope you consider what they are saying.

May 2nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
Well...it appears as if these ladies have given you some great advice Britney. I have a few things to say myself though.

First...WELCOME!! We love getting to know new people and making new friends! I really think you are going to really enjoy it here. I know I do

Second...is there anything in the world I can say to make you wait? I am sure you are going to be a great mommy. And your bf is going to make a great daddy. If the two of you are willing to commit yourselves to each other for the rest of your lives, why rush into things? You have your entire lives together to create a perfect little family. So take this time to spend it ALONE with each other. Guess what. I have a little girl Danielle *a year old on wednesday* and my husband Adam and I have ZERO time alone. Whenever we get the chance, Dani is either waking up fussy or the two of us are too tired from working and taking care of the baby. If you want a baby so badly and if you know you will love your baby more than anything in the world, love your baby enough to finish school, get a job *cuz you are too young to get a job right now...without the help of someone of age holding your hand and walking you through everything* and a home of your own. If you will love your baby with all of your heart, you will do that. I would also like to mention, that at your age, even if the pregnancy is planned, so many problems can occur. Preterm labor... preeclampsia... miscarriage... Sweetheart, your body isn't ready to carry a baby. Love your baby enough to give that baby a good start at a healthy life.

Please e-mail me at aashley_b_15@hotmail.com I just don't want things to end up the complete opposite from what you want. I am a sucker for happy endings. And to be honest, I don't foresee a happy ending if you plan having a baby this young. But whatever you choose, you have ALL of our 100% support. That is what this website is about. We don't judge. We just lend a little advice and a shoulder to lean on. Take advantage Britney.

May 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
britneydawnly
Thanks for the advice everyone, but Ryan and I are positive we want a child. I wouldn't have to drop out because my school has a child day care. We are ready for everything ahead of us
May 2nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Quote:
Originally posted by britneydawnly@May 2 2005, 05:50 PM
We are ready for everything ahead of us
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I seriously doubt that. Not to be offensive but if you were mature enough you would be thinking about your potential child first and the life he/she will have. Babies are more than just cute things that ga ga goo. Think about being up all night with your baby as it will have to eat every few hours and it is even worse when they are sick. Are you going to go to school after you have been up every couple hours all night? Will you have money for formula and diapers and clothes and carseats and strollers? It is costly believe me. You won't be going out with your friends whenever you want, in fact you won't be going anywhere whenever you want! I saw my sister go through this with her unplanned pregnancy at 18 it was tough and if you ask her she would say to this day that she does not regret having her daughter but that she wishes she was more careful and would have had her once she was through school (she was going to be a legal secretary). All those dreams went up in smoke for her. Anyway if you have an option to wait and to use protection you really should do it and if you continue to go forward with this I wish you a lot of luck since you will need it and not to mention I am sure you will be the one telling other kids to wait in a few years.....

BTW I saw from your personal website that you have only been dating this boy for 1 month and that alone you should take into consideration.

May 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
Okay first welcome but I have to agree with everyone else. I am 25 and Dh and I are expecting #3. Our first dd was born when I was 17 and we had know idea what we were in for. We got mariied when I was 16! I have a lot of friends that had babies young and none of them are still together. Most of them are not only struggling to get along but they have major financial problems. Babies are expensive. Dh and I are lucky because we overcame a lot but it has been a long stressful road. I hope that you would reconsider your decision. Think of this as not just a baby but a lifelong commitment that you cant possibly be sure you are ready for at 16. Good luck!
May 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I really must agree with everyone else. I'm almost 33 now and have a 16 year old daughter. Iw as pregnant with her when I was 15. I know how hard it is to raise a child when you are that young. I thought I was prepared too, but you really can never be totally prepared for a child, especially at 15. Live your life ... having a child can wait till after you have acheived what you want out of life. I'm not saying that you wouldn't be able to achieve your goals with a child, but it is so much harder. Please consider all of your options and think long and hard about this. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to share any of my experiences with you!
May 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
As long as you have your parens behind you also and backing you i say go for it.

But still you have not said to why you want a child so much.

If your parents are not backing you on this then you need to stop and think about it cause they are the ones you will need through all of this. So if they are then you go for it but if not think about what you will have to go through and do.

<div align="center"></div>
May 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
host of wttc
hi hun
I do feel no matter what anyone says u r gonna still go ahead. and we may sound like we r pereaching but where not we r trying to help u see the other side of the story. when i was your age I hate school got bullied quite abit too and I thought it was cool having sex we was never really careful i'm just lucky I didn't get pg. I was in a 2 year relationship at your age and i thought i loved him but as soon as i was old enough to go to pubs things changed i started having fun. and he was holding me back so we finish but if i'd got pg I would of never had the next fun part of my life. I love them times when i was free to do what ever i want and really miss them and even though i love my daugther i wish i'd waited alittle longer i was 21 when i had my daugther. enjoy your life hun cause life with children is boring trust me. all these things u want to make go away with it won't in a few years time u will be finishing school and your life will change again and u will be happy if u waited maybe if u believe in that type of thing u could get a tarot reading done see whats instore for u. im sure it will be great hun. u will have children and i'm sure u will love them and be a great mum but i have a feeling u r need for other things first hun.
good luck in your life hun. I know u r gonna be someone really great u just have to decide who that is

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
May 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey welcome. If you need anything just let me know. Im 20 and my baby is unplanned, and really i dont think im ready for this baby but will do whatever i can for it.
May 3rd, 2005, 06:16 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM Britney,
I hope you feel welcome here, and keep an open mind to what others say, but in no way should you feel like we don't want you here. I hope you feel 100% confident in any choices you make and have no doubts. I know you will do what you really want in the end, so I wish you the best of luck in whatever choices you make.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 4th, 2005, 01:31 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM Britney. I think I have to agree with what the others said. I had my dd almost 3 years ago. I got pg while I was a senior in high school, right after I had turned 18. I had big plans of finishing and that it would all be perfect...boy was I wrong. I was very sick through my pregnancy. I missed so much school I couldn't keep up. I don't regret my dd at all, she is my life, my heart. But I do wish I could've waited. I feel like I can't give her the same life I could have given her if I would have waited until I had a career and everything going for me. I mean, she is well taken care of, but I always want her to have more. I'm not trying to talk you out of this or anything, just speaking from personal experience. With whatever you decide to do, I am here if you need to talk. If you need me, my e-mail is taitinsylph@hotmail.com.

Love,

Taylor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search