New to this

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Regular
I have been having alot of problems with my legs lately since i have become pregnant....I am only 3 and a half months long and this is my first pregnancy so I don't know whats normal or not. My left leg is the worst its like i cant even adjust it without it hurting severly, i don't know how to describe the pain but sometimes i can't even stand on my left leg at all without it collapsing from underneath me.. sometimes the same with both legs at the same time....i can barely walk sometimes. Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know what you think.
October 7th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
It sounda like your ligaments and muscles are stretching and shifting, which is completely normal. However if they are collapsing underneath you, I"d definitely let your doctor know.

Welcome!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 7th, 2005, 04:09 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome - Hope you get feeling better soon!
October 8th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
October 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by Karen@Oct 8 2005, 05:07 AM
Welcome!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
October 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Regular
Well thank you all for welcoming, now i don't feel so out of place here....I have talked to my doctor about it but he said it is a nerve in my back but it is getting worse. My next appointment is in two weeks so i will ask him again about it. I am not really fulfilled with my doctor, do you think it would be bad to switch doctors now? I am only 3 and a half months along and have only had two appointments. Also I do not know how I would do it because this is my familys doctor but i don't feel like he is fully helping me. How would I be able to break it to him without offending him?
October 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
Welcome to Jm and I am sorry you hurt. Hope you feel better soon
Crystal

October 10th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Mommy3X's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to JM. I am pretty new here myself. I think your Dr. is right I had these sort of pains with my second pregnancy. I think if you don't feel great about your Dr. change

October 10th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Some leg pain is normal, but sounds like you are having pre-sciatica symptoms. I sure hope it gets better, that's no fun. My sister had problems with it all the way through her pregnancy. If you are going to switch drs, I would do it now before it gets any later. Just tell your dr. you would feel more comfortable going to an OB/GYN for this, but intend no offense toward him. I'm sure he'll understand. Good luck. You might ask about doing some water aerobics (low impact). I have rheumatoid arthritis and had problems with my legs in previous pregnancies (slightly different, but still very painful at times). It really helped to provide some relief. Not sure if it would work with sciatica type symptoms, but can't hurt to ask.

Cindy
October 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Regular
Well thanks for the information, I looked it up on the internet and it explains all the symptoms that I do have. I will talk to my doctor about that or my new doctor of that matter. Also is it normal to have a constant fluttering of the heart or a feeling of gas in my heart i know that sounds weird but you know when you have internal gas and your stomach kinda does that bubbling thing? Well thats what my heart does and it scares me but my doctor says its normal but I have it consistently, so is it normal?
October 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM
abigailsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to abigailsmom
Hey I am really new to this also. My daughter is six months old and While I was pregnant I had the same problems. My doctor told me the same thing. It has to do with the position of the baby on your siatic nerve. I can remember getting out of bed at night and almost collapsing it hurt so bad. I found that through out the pregnancy it would come and go depending on how the baby was positioned. I was put on bed rest a couple of times for a few days at a time, and that sometimes helped. There is also supposed to be a certain side you sleep on that puts less pressure on the nerve. I think it was the right side but, you may want to lookin to that. My dr. gave me codiene but, I don't like taking that regularly when I am pregnant. Hope that I was able to help.
October 11th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM!!

October 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM
April25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to April25 Send a message via Yahoo to April25
Welcome
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
October 12th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Regular
Thanks for the info I will try sleeping on my right side first to see if that works. I talked to the doctor and he said that he can't do nothing about my back or leg problem because i am pregnant. I don't know but is it normal to have cramps and a tickling sensation in your stomach when you relieve yourself? If i get a little out of line with my questions than let me know. Also can you create profiles on here and how do you put the expecting lines or time chart things.
October 13th, 2005, 06:31 AM
abigailsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to abigailsmom
Hey I am really new at this to, and it took me a while to figure out how to put the tickers up. You need to go to www.snugglepie.com or there are some other ones. There you can create one and then paste the URl in the signature pane on this website. Good luck it took me a while.
Abigails Mom
October 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
irishxrose
Welcome!
October 14th, 2005, 03:28 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me

<span style="font-family:Bradley Hand ITC">Congrats on the pregnancy!! I am sure that you will find yourself at home here!!</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search