VOTING FOR JUSTMOMMIES

JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did see this;

Though I'm a bit hesitant. Won't the exposure on Dr. Phil, expose more than we'd like? I'm not talking about mommies, but other 'freaks, pedafiles, etc' who don't know that this site exists? I am already totally paranoid about posting pics here... since it's already searchable (even by YOUR screenames, girls!) by GOOGLE.

(I don't mean to sound like a stick in the mud though)

But, I'm afraid that curiosity will drag in LOTS of kinds of people.

Just something to take into consideration

</div>
October 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
As a mother, I definitely share in your concern. All mothers are concerned about pedephiles and freaks! That being said, I think that Patty and Teresa do an amazing job at keeping this site safe and well monitored. I do think part of the job is obviously ours (as mothers). Pedephiles and freaks will always be around, whether they are in our neighborhoods or on the internet... the responsibility falls on us to protect our children in the best ways we can. Some choose not to post pictures, give out real names or locations. Whatever any one individual decides all of us mommies respect that mom for making the best choice for their family.
I think exposure on Dr. Phil would be great! I think if we can reach other moms who need the support (and what mom doesnt!?!?!) it would be awesome. Now a days how often do you see good news on TV? I rarely see anything done that is positive, so why not highlight the great things people like Patty and Teresa do? And commend all the women here who have joined together to better their lives and their children's lives?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that point of view. I agree. I just worry b/c the last forum I was at, someone spotted one of our kids' pictures in a siggy, clicked it (recognizing the child) and it was uploaded to a lewd site, featuring people with diaper fetishes. It was SICK. That's why I worry. Since ANYONE can see these pages, it definitely is on my mind.

</div>
October 20th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
That's awful! And unfortunately it is something that can happen when we post pictures of our children. Hopefully everyone takes proper precautions when posting pictures.

Of course we all understand your concern (we all have them!).... we are all mommies here!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 21st, 2005, 07:51 AM
KittyN's Avatar Member
Great THANX for adding on another worry!!! lol.. Does it ever ennnnd!! I know it doesn't.. ugh!! NOW, im perplexed.. this is the 1st site I posted my precious boy... iee iee iee!!!
October 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
yes there are sickos and freaks I have been posting pictures of Emily on here wow that really stuns me I hope and pray noone does anything to her picture because if i find out who they are then i will pursacute to the fullest extent of the law and ytou can find out who did it my hubby took computer tech and he showed me one time i forget now but he knows how i cant remember the name of the thiung he does anyhow man this sucks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search