JustMommies Welcome Center

Are you new to JustMommies? Start here and introduce yourself!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JustMommies Welcome Center LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
prayinforbabyin2006's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to prayinforbabyin2006
Hi everyone,
My name is Barb and I'm 31 years old. My husband (Chris) and I have been married for 5 years. We started ttc'ing right after we got married. I have PCOS so we thought I would have to go on Clomid. So we were shocked when I got pregnant in December 2000 naturally. I lost the baby on February 14, 2001. We stopped ttc'ing for awhile. We would ttc off and on for the next few years.
In March of 2004 I went on Clomid. I got pregnant right away. For the next two months we were back and forth to the doctors with ultra sounds. The baby wasn't developing. It was blighted ovum. I lost that baby on May 15, 2004. We again stopped for a bit.
In July, 2004 I was diagnosed with bi polar. I was going through a lot with ttc'ing. Should we even have children? I didn't want to pass it on. I was thinking of going on birth control pills. I actually was waiting to get my period. One Sunday morning I had a dream of a baby girl. I went to Target and got a pregnancy test. It was positive. The next day we got even better news. We were pregnant with twins. Two weeks later we found out we lost one. I had to take progesterone in the early part of the pregnancy. Then I found out I had gestational diabetes. At the end we had to go to the doctor's twice for non stress tests. I was induced and then had a c-section. We have a beautiful 5 month old girl.
My husband and I have talked it over and we are ttc'ing for number 2. We've been through so much we want to start again so we don't have to go through it all again if possible.
Thanks for listening. Hope to get to know you all.

Mom to 3 angels: Elizabeth, Joshua, and Samatha (Michelle's twin)
Praying for miracle baby #2
October 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and Congrats on your baby girl!
I'm sorry you had so many problems, i hope you have an easier time this go-around. You'll love it here at just mommies. There are so many boards that can be helpful!

Good Luck TTC and hope to see you around!
October 30th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to Justmommies!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
October 30th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome!
October 30th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Welcome to Just Mommies!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
Wow, bet your glad you kept trying... Welcome to JM and hope to see you around..

November 2nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
MinnesotaMommy

I'm from Mn also!!!
November 4th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Heidi75's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Heidi75 Send a message via Yahoo to Heidi75
You sound like a very strong woman, Barb. I hope you conceive soon! My husband and I have also been married for about 5 years and are working on our second. You are definitely due for some good luck!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>

Heidi
November 4th, 2005, 08:07 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome to JM! It sounds like you have been through a lot to have your little one. I had a hard time getting pregnant with my first (we had two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy). I am really glad you found us. We have a great board for TTC with PCOS.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search