What are you doing??

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I am just wondering what you and your DH have done to help with DH infertility??

Mine has done several vitiam treatments and Clomid (increased his dosage twice), wears boxers now, lost some weight and still the same results.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
October 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's really no helping our issue so we just went straight to donor sperm. We *can* have a baby ourselves but it requires IVF/ICSI and they have to take the sperm directly from the source. We opted not to do that because I'm not comfortable with the idea of IVF drugs.

Maybe when I'm like 30 we'll give it a try but not right now.

October 6th, 2008, 02:50 PM
That's basicly where we are at.. I just wished someone had told us sooner and we hadn't spent all that money before.... and just gone straight to donor!

But I guess the chance is worth it

October 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Alisa78
Today we got the results of DH's 2nd SA. The results were worse than the first SA. His count is 2 million, 48%motility and 0% normal forms. He has 91%abnormal forms. They want him to have bloodwork done now. I recently had a HSG done and found out my left falopian tube is blocked. So that's where we're at. We're still trying to let it sink in that we really do have a problem! As far as donor sperm, my husband is absolutely against it. He does not like the idea of the baby not being his. It is a really sensitive subject and I agree with him. Heather, Was it easy for you guys to decide to use donor sperm?

My Chart</span>
October 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Today we got the results of DH's 2nd SA. The results were worse than the first SA. His count is 2 million, 48%motility and 0% normal forms. He has 91%abnormal forms. They want him to have bloodwork done now. I recently had a HSG done and found out my left falopian tube is blocked. So that's where we're at. We're still trying to let it sink in that we really do have a problem! As far as donor sperm, my husband is absolutely against it. He does not like the idea of the baby not being his. It is a really sensitive subject and I agree with him. Heather, Was it easy for you guys to decide to use donor sperm?[/b]
It was easier for us to decide because my SO knows first hand how he can love a child that isnt his. My dd was 6 weeks old when we met so he already knew he could and would bond with a child that wasnt his.

I dont doubt it was still hard for him but he was able to accept it easier than a guy who wasnt in our situation KWIM?. Our clinic requires all patients using donor sperm to see a psychologist to talk about what to expect,legal issues,etc.

Its definitely a huge step to take though and definitely a sensitive decision not to take lightly.

October 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Its definitely a huge step to take though and definitely a sensitive decision not to take lightly.[/b]
It truly is, a HUGE STEP!!

My situation is a bit different. I was the one who didn't want the donor sperm at first. I mean.. I wanted a baby from my husband. My DH was all for it from the very beginning and now I am on board with it. I mean if IUI didn't work, we were going try to adopt anyway so why not just have a baby that we get to experience from conception.

But if we cant get pregnant then its on to adoption.

October 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
we just found out SA results on sept 22... so we are waiting on fertility consultation this friday .. if the doc say ivf/icsi then we are going for it!
October 6th, 2008, 10:25 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I got him a bunch of vitamins (I reccomend GNC's Megamen Performance and Vitality Pack). He works out every day, wears boxers, we BD every other day.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

October 7th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
DH wears boxers, had surgery to fix varicocele, and I have him taking vitamins.

October 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well we tried for two years and just thought it was me. I would run and start to bleed. I would bleed after sex sometimes and it would last during the tww. Then last october we had him s/a on him and he had no sperm. Later we found out he had a varicocele. Then he had the surgery in january. This is our 5 cycle and if I am not pregnant by january then we are going to look into our options.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search