We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hey Everyone!! I'm so glad this board was made! It's so nice to have other women who understand what it's like to deal with MFI.
I was just wondering what everyone's "story" was. What MFI are you dealing with?. etc... basically anything you want to share with us!.
I'm April (22) married to Jeff (22). We've been trying since late November of last year to get pregnant with our first. My DH originally went to get a SA done w/o telling me, he ended up telling me the results a few weeks later. Well the count was really low. His doctor attributed it to him being very overweight when he was younger (he's not anymore). Well we got a second opinion through my OB/GYN, the second SA was even worse. There were basically no sperm, they guestimated at less than 5 million. THEN he had to do another SA to verify those results.. Well that one was lots better.. We are currently working with
Count: 16.9 million concentrated (48 million total)
Morphology: 15% (they want it at least 30%)
Motility: 18% (they want it at lest 50%)
Everything else, viscosity, PH, amount, etc were completely normal.
As of right now we are doing IUI with Clomid (for me) next cycle (if I'm not pg right now). O yeah. My DH has to get his blood drawn to check his hormone levels and if they're off my RE is going to prescribe him Clomid too. He also has his first urology appointment on the 14th of this month.
I'm Brandi (31) and my DH is David (32) We have been TTC since Oct. 06, so towards the end of this month, we will be hitting the 2 year mark. DH had 2 SA that showed he had a low count. He was referred to urologist, and he found a varicocele, which is a varicose vein in his testicle (yeecchhh) He had surgery in June of this year, and it takes 92 days for new sperm to form, so we are going to be having a new SA shortly. The urologist said that this SHOULD fix the problem. I hope and pray it does.
Hello!!! I had my intro on the other topic but I'll add something... My DH is diabetic and a former overweight person. so that may have contributed to the lousy SA. We have appt this friday for fertility constultation and oct 13 for urologist appt.
Well I am Esmy (35) and my DH is Tony (39) and we have been TTC since Dec '02
For years, I thought I was the problem because my OB/GYN dr said that I couldn't get pregnant because of my weight. And then we had a SA and found out that DH sperm are at 4% and only 75 % of those are good.
So we have done several IUI's with Clomid and with Femera. But after the last SA which increase his sperm amount but the precentage was still excatly the same. We are now looking at donor sperm because we can't afford IVF.
I'm Heather, 24 and engaged to Rick , 27. I have a 3 year old little girl from a previous relationship.
Rick has a chromosomal defect. I dont like posting the name of it because most people think it means he's a hermaphrodite. He is a fully functional and normal sized man .
We were initially told he doesnt produce any sperm at all but have since discovered he does but his count is too low to conceive naturally.
His mother told him about his "issue" in 2006 when she was diagnosed with cancer.
He had extensive testing as a child and I'm not sure at what age he was officially diagnosed but they did tell her when he was young he'd never be able to have children of his own. She started saving for fertility treatments for him and his future wife right away so we're lucky that we have 30,000 to use towards fertility treatments or adoption if we need to. Our IUIs only cost 200 dollars here though.
I know Its like something out of a movie.
I had an idea something was up before his mother told him though since I hadnt been on birthcontrol since 2004 and my daughter was conceived the first month I decided to try for a baby. I just kept trying to tell myself it had to be due to the fact I was breastfeeding.
When he told me I came very close to leaving him over it because I wanted another child but in the end theres no way I could do that I love him too much.
Our 3rd baby GIRL coming in August ♥
Wow this is great to get to ready and know everybody's story. I'm 34 almost 35yrs old my dh is 45yrs old and we have a dd who's almost 4. We've had issues trying to concieve from the get go. When I was ttc my first we had all kinds of test done and everything always came back normal so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. My daughter was concieved thru iui. Trying for our second baby has not been so easy. We've been going to the re for over a year and after 4 failed iui's they recommended we should check my dh morphology. This test came back abonormal. What gets to me is why they waited so long to test for this. His numbers at first glace look great his count is close to 20 million but 95% is abnormal, that only leaves us with 5% normal sperm. My doctor then recommended ivf since she thought it would be impossible for me to get preggo with the iui's. We started our first ivf cycle and was canceled half way thru because I was not producing enough follicales and we did an iui instead and got my bfp. Sad to say i lost my baby at 11 weeks.
Today I had my first appointment with a new re and will be starting treatment again .
I sent him to a urologist in January who sent him for some tests. He finally went for them in June and he has a small grade 1 vericole that doesnt warrent surgery (urologist doesnt think its going to make a difference) and undersized testicles. He also has a pototic kidney which means its located below his stomach instead of in his back.
At his July 2008 S/A:
Total: 1.5 million
With ANITSPERM antibodies... meaning his sperm see themselves as invaders and kill themselves. Suicidal sperm. Excellent.
We were sent to an RE for IVF with ICSI immediatly.
We were told with DFs decling sperm we should do IVF right away. We decided to wait till february, but then figured now is better just in case. These are his September 2008 numbers (after being on vitamins..tons of them... for 2 months):
DFs father told us that some of his moms realatives (including 1 brother) are sterile and ended up that way by 30... so we believe we are dealing with genetics unfortunatly. Our insurance doesnt cover genetic counseling so we cant find out unforunatly.
Here we are, doing IVF. I should hopefully be 14 weeks preggers when we get married in January :-)
It's so good to read everyone's story and have a board where we all understand what this is like - so nice to meet you all!
I'm Abbey (26) and my husband has a genetic disease, Cystic Fibrosis. It makes 99% of the men that have it infertile because they don't have any vas deferens. We tried with the old NTNP for the first 2 years of our marriage, then figured that was enough of a road test that we can be pretty darn sure he's sterile.
Now we've been TTC with donor sperm since May of this year, and I'm starting to get concerned that I may have some fertility issues as well. Fertility Friend doesn't always give me crosshairs, although this month (my second month with my CBEFM) I got a peak reading! I was sooooo excited to see that little egg picture, let me tell you!
Our donor just went and made a deposit at a sperm bank (it's a friend of ours, so we hadn't been using a bank so far) to get an analysis, and should be getting the results any day. And I go to my first appt. at a fertility clinic next week, so hopefully they can see what's up with me.
I'm SOO glad there is a board about this! My name is Alisa(29) and my DH is Jeff (27). We have been ttc for 10 months now. We saw the RE for the first time in August. They first scheduled DH for 2 SA's, to be done 2 weeks apart. I had a HSG done that showed my left tube is blocked. Possible endo, but the Dr. said there is really no reason to do any surgery to fix it since my DH's results were so poor. They said most likely our only chance of concieving is IVF w/ ICSI. His 1st count: 2 million (should be greater than 20 million) motility 88% (should be greater than 50%, morphology normal forms 0% (should be greater than 15%, abnormal forms 91% (should be less than 85%. His 2nd count: 2.2million, motility 48%, morphology normal forms 1%, abnormal forms 93%. When we got the news of his count I was devistated. We are finally coming to grips with the fact that we really do have a problem! We want desperately to have a baby! I wish we had gotten tested 10 months ago! But unfortunatly, they wont do testing unless there is reason to believe there is a problem. We have an apt 10/17 for a "plan of treatment" But I look forward to getting to know you all!!! and GOOD LUCK
Firstly I want to state that I am SO thrilled to have this board as I couldn't relate to the other women elsewhere as all my tests came out good (even for an old bird ) and hubby has the 'hurdle' as to speak.
I'm Vanessa soon to be 39 and married to my darling online love Boo who is 37. We never prevented after our wedding in late 2002. We 'officially' started ttc in late '05 and found out last year through testing that hubby has mild MFI. His count was 145 million, motility 45% and I believe he had sperm clumping. Our RE suggested Clomid and IUI but we opted not to go this route. We moved up North and find ourselves 'stuck' as there are no fertility treatments up here and no coverage for infertility. Soon we hope to save some money and do ART in BC. For now hubbyman is on vits: C, Zinc, Selenium and CoQ-10. I'm taking Vitex (hello ewcm!!!) and L'Arginine
Wifey to Mr Wonderful 2002
TTC since 2005
Dx with MFI 2007
Looking into IVF 2011