have you heard of a varicocele?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband had this and got surgery and I was wondering if anyone here has had it done?

October 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
My DF has one, its a grade 1 and the doctor told us surgery wouldnt help him.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
October 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
ive heard of it. i have no experience in this field.
October 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Mommy0305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband used to have a varicocele - he had it since he was a teenager, and we all ways knew that it would be a problem in the future. So when he was 25 years old he had the surgery to correct it. Six months later, the very first month we tried to conceive we got pregnant with our oldest daughter. When we decided to have a second, we got pregnant the very first month again with my second daughter. This past May we got pregnant again our fourth month of trying but I lost the baby after 3 months.

So don't be discouraged, the surgery can work!!!

TTC #3 after pregnancy loss at 13 weeks, 6 days
October 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My husband used to have a varicocele - he had it since he was a teenager, and we all ways new that it would be a problem in the future. So when he was 25 years old he had the surgery to correct it. Six months later, the very first month we tried to conceive we got pregnant with our oldest daughter. When we decided to have a second, we got pregnant the very first month again with my second daughter. This past May we got pregnant again our fourth month of trying but I lost the baby after 3 months.

So don't be discouraged, the surgery can work!!![/b]
well that i great.. I am on my fouth month of ttc.. I hope it works soon... We have not got a s/a since the surgery I have been to scared.

October 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM
How long ago did he have the surgery? I'm sure that you will get pregnant soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

October 8th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How long ago did he have the surgery? I'm sure that you will get pregnant soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you![/b]
his surgery was in jan 25 of this year. the doctor said that it would tale four months before I should even expect to get pregnant. did you have to get pregnant?

October 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
My DH had surgery to fix varicocele in June of this year. Our doctor told us it would be at least 92 days before knowing if it worked and how much it improved count. DH is supposed to have another SA soon. Thanks Mommy0305 for giving me encouraging words that the surgery can work!

October 9th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to candissa83 Send a message via Yahoo to candissa83
Quote:
My husband used to have a varicocele - he had it since he was a teenager, and we all ways knew that it would be a problem in the future. So when he was 25 years old he had the surgery to correct it. Six months later, the very first month we tried to conceive we got pregnant with our oldest daughter. When we decided to have a second, we got pregnant the very first month again with my second daughter. This past May we got pregnant again our fourth month of trying but I lost the baby after 3 months.

So don't be discouraged, the surgery can work!!![/b]
Hi my DH might have to do the surgery so i just need some insight on it. Was it expensive? how long is the recovery? Any other details on the surgery would be useful thanks.

<a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Blinkie Maker</a>
October 9th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well my husband had it done in jan of this year and the doctor said that he would have to wait four month after the surgery before we should expect to pregnancy. The surgery was quick and he went home a couple of hours later. my husband stay off this feet for a few days excpet to use the bathroom. The sack was swollen for a couple of weeks, but the pain went away.. it just was tender and sex was diffcult. You aren't supposed to have sex for a week anyways. Oct. will be 5th cycle since the surgery. the doctor says we should have a great increase in being able to have kids. the surgery was about 3,000 your insurance should cover it.

October 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
When DH had the surgery it was covered by insurance so we didn't have pay anything out of pocket - which was good! I remember his testicle we're REALLY swollen for a while, and we couldn't have sex for at least 2 weeks, it might have been 3 weeks - I forget exactly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search