Back from my appt

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
OK ... First of all, thank you for the support and prayers! I have been running all over all day. I woke up this am feeling like puking and sinus cold and sore throat. I had to suck it up and go to the appt. I saw few pregnant ladies in the waiting room.
Went into the dr office and had the consultation with Dr. Ballas. He's hot! And he cares about his patients!! Rachel, you are right, he's hot!
Anyway... He asked us questions then looked over my chart from other OB/gyn.
He asked me if my other ob/gyn explained the semen analysis to us. I said yeah little bit just told us the numbers and IVF/ICSI was best option. He said " we don't want to jump until James sees the Urologist then after that, the urologist will give us results and give us options." I'm like Ok.

He wrote down on paper saying
40% tend to be women problems (Needs HSG, Laparoscopy, cervix test and cultural?? )
40% tend to be men's problems (Needs repeated semen analysis and see Urologist)
20% Unexplained infertility

I told him DH has urologist appt on Oct 13. He asked who is the doctor. DH is going to see Dr. Kane. He was like "Oh he's one of the best urologists in MD and I've worked with him with infertility cases before. and I will see him next week and I"ll bring your case up and discuss with him." I was happy to hear that!
He said he wants to save us money cuz he knew we are on limited insurance and limited budget. So he's telling us to send DH to the urologist on Monday and see the results before he worry about me. He thinks it's DH's problem that is not getting me pregnant. Once DH gets the results, then he will discuss with us what to do next. He gave me the bloodwork script to test for FSH, LH, Prolactin and TSH. He told me to put the blood work on hold til after the urology results and he will review them and let me know to go ahead with it.
I showed him the other hormone tests like progesterone, T3, T4, and few others, he said don't worry about them. Focus on one step at a time. He is confident it's DH's that is not getting me pregnant.
He encouraged us if Dr. Kane says IVF is our best option and the repeated SA hasn't improved, go straight to IVF clinic in Indy.
I asked about HSG, he said it's not manadatory to do it if the tests has shown I ovulate just fine. I asked him how much HSG cost without insurance. It cost roughly around $500. He also mentioned that most IVF center will do more testings if they needed but most of time it's MY choice not to want the tests like HSG, Laparoscopy, other unnecessary tests. I told him that I have seen so many women get HSG and he said that's because their insurance probably cover it & require it. But in my case, it's not mandatory. *shrugs*

Anyway, he said don't worry.. everything will be OK and we will take care of you. Soooooo our next step is Urologist appt and go from there.

I feel kinda the same as this morning but at least we are getting somewhere. Once we are done with urology we should have more answers.

So that's the update for today and I'm pooped. I'm ready to pass out on bed and fight off this bug!

October 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
I'm glad your dr. seems to be for you and trying to do what is best for you and DH. He sounds wonderful!

October 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
so happy for you that your doc was so nice!. hopefully ya'll get some answers at the urologist.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

October 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im glad your dr is really trying to work with you
good luck
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

October 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well glad your doctor was there. some doctors can be so rude and don't really care. this subject is very sensetive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search