Any IUI Advice for a newbie?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there ~
Im more of a lurker on this board, but wanted to see if any of you have done IUI and if so, can you please give me any tips ?? Id be interested to know what meds you used with your cycle, did you order your meds online @ a discount place or how much were your meds? what was the approximate total cost of IUI ? what kind of monitoring you had done during your cycle and how many IUI's did you do ? I have tried just taking Clomid & Femara by itself with no BFP results. My DH had an SA done & he had "slightly abnormal" results. My RE suggested IUI .... His morph was 26 % (we were told >30% is normal) and also his viability was 54% (told >75% normal)
Thank you SO very much for responding ....I'm feeling nervous & just want to gather as much info ahead of time that I can. Thanks so very much !!

August 8th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Veteran
Honestly, I have just done Clomid thusfar and had no results and am switching to Femara next cycle. I didn't not ovulate from the Clomid, and then I was getting close to positive OPKs, so the RE did another follicle scan and I had a 12mm follie [I ovulate on my own, just late]. I got my positive 3 days later, did the trigger that night, and had my IUI the next day.

The IUI was $276. My RE suggests a "commitment" to four IUI cycles in order to have the best odds. HTH!

As far as the IUI itself goes, it was a piece of cake. I felt nothing; it took 3 minutes, and then I laid on the bed for 15.
DS: 4

TTC our first together for almost 13 months and suffering from MFI.

Cycle #9 [May 29th, 2010]: 50mg Clomid CD 5-9: NO FOLLIES. On Provera.
Cycle #10 [July 13th, 2010]: 100mg Clomid CD 3-7: NO FOLLIES. Trying to ovulate on my own via a scan on CD 18! 12mm follie.

IUI #1 on August 3rd- CD 22! BF?

August 9th, 2010, 06:26 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I just had my first IUI 9 days ago....I was on Clomid 100mg CD5-9 and I had one ultrasound on CD13? that showed a 17mm follicle. I triggered two days later and then had the IUI.

My IUI hurt A LOT! She said that my cervix was not cooperating so I'm sure it's not like that for everyone. It was very quick though (didn't seem like it when I was laying there!) and then I laid there for 15 minutes afterwards.

My Clomid was about $30 and my IUI (total cost) was $305. ouch!

August 9th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Wow Sarie- sorry to hear yours hurt so much! Mine didn't hurt at ALL- I guess it was just *really* open.
DS: 4

TTC our first together for almost 13 months and suffering from MFI.

Cycle #9 [May 29th, 2010]: 50mg Clomid CD 5-9: NO FOLLIES. On Provera.
Cycle #10 [July 13th, 2010]: 100mg Clomid CD 3-7: NO FOLLIES. Trying to ovulate on my own via a scan on CD 18! 12mm follie.

IUI #1 on August 3rd- CD 22! BF?

August 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you both for your input !! My head is hurting now, I feel like Ive been reading soooooo much trying to take it all in ! Dont we pay the docs this much $$ to think for us ?!? Anyways, I have tried to call the RE's office but they must be out to lunch, I'm now anxious to get the ball a rollin'. Good luck to you both !! I really, really, really wanna hear some success stories !!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search