I need some experts!

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
So DH got a SA a few months ago and I never really knew what the numbers meant so I was wondering if you guys could help me out(I do know its all low, just not HOW low)
Now just some background, his spermies were about 5 days old( he had been out of town)
And he hadnt taken his vitamins(flinstones) in like a month so I HOPE even that would make it improved
I really wish I had my doctor still(we moved and I never got another one) so I could know what his count and stuff really is with the right sperm(2 days) and his vitamins
I have no idea what numbers are and arent important so bear with me.
His:
Sperm conc: 11.9(is this the main number so like 11.9 mil?)
Motility(a+b+c) 74.8%
Rapid prog motility(a)13.4%(I think this is low according to my paper that says they want it to be greater than 25)
Slow prog motility(b)37.8%
Non prog motility(c)23.6%
Immotility(d)25.2%
Morph: 40%(my paper says it just wants it to be greater than 30)

I think thats all the important stuff, am I missing anything?

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
August 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
The count definitely is low- which is the 11.9 mil count.
As for motility- that means how many sperm are moving or swimming so your count of 74% is great! (Mine was 4%)- but I don't know what the 3 other motility counts are.
And if I remember right, the morphology is the number of sperm that are alive during the test. So 40% is could consider almost have of the sperm were viable.

Not horrible counts- but the overall sperm COUNT is low--but it only takes one sperm to do the job!!!!
August 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Thanks for the help! I think the million count is supposed to be 20 right? I think the morphology was probly off since they were 5 days old and the count might be too so I have a bit more hope. Plus he's on vitamins and such so hopefully it all works out
I dont know many ladies that have DH's with sperm issues so do you mind if I ask what all the other ladies numbers were? And I see that you're preg(congrats!) Did you get there on your own even with his low numbers?

TTC #1 for five years
August 21st, 2010, 06:26 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
I think my dh was like 200 something million! Its high..however we only have like .5% morphology..so his are abnormally shaped and have a hard time fertlizing! I have heard thought that Zinc really helps with count! Good luck! Hope you get that bfp soon!!
August 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Yea..My DHs counts were at 7 million with a 4% motility rate ( meaning only 4% of his sperm actually moved and swam!) He also had a low morphology rate which ment most of his sperm were deformed.
I also have endometriosis so we had to issues counting against us. We tried for 6 months with no meds or anythign. But I was eventually put on Clomid for about 7-8 months and in the middle of those months, we tried 2 cycles of IUI. They did not work. We tried a few more months on our own and did in fact get pregnant ON OUR OWN after 14 months of TTC!! We were soooo shocked!!! I took at least 20 preg tests cause I couldn't believe it! So Im just shy of 6 months and still in shock everyday!

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!!!......................I live by this everyday and it got me to where I am now!
August 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You ladies are great. I have him on Zinc now and his Flinstones so hopefully that plus cutting down on drinking(not out but down!) will help it fix him right up

TTC #1 for five years

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search