New here, not sure if this is the right board to post on?

Forum: TTC with Male Infertility

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC with Male Infertility LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2010, 04:19 AM
KatieBeth138's Avatar Veteran
I'm new to the board. My fiance and I are not trying to conceive, but are also not trying to prevent it. However, he had leukemia as a child and underwent 6 1/2 years of intensive chemotherapy. This left his sperm count very low and effected his motility. We are kind of assuming we will need fertility to get pregnant. I went off birth control about 5 months ago. My periods took a bit to get restarted, but the past 2 have been 31 days apart. Right now I'm on day 34 and still no period. I thought I felt cramps around day 29, but they never turned into anything. Since I've been off birth control I can feel when I'm ovulating, and I felt it right around 15 days after my last period. I've been feeling nauseated every day in the late afternoon for about 4 or 5 days so I thought I would take a test. I took one this morning and it was negative. When should I test again if I still don't get my period? I'm probably just being too hopeful in thinking that it's possible. After I got off the pill the first couple periods were over 40 days apart and I'm probably just not regulated yet. Any thoughts would be so very appreciated.
August 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I would say youre in the right place. Sorry to hear about your DH's past. Glad he's all better now though!
Id say to test again in a while but if you want go in and see your doc and they can run a blood test
August 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Sorry about the delay in an answer...Have you re tested since this post?
August 28th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I'm going to test tomorrow morning. I'll keep you updated.
August 29th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome! Yes i would say you are in the right place too!! I bet your periods are off due to the birth control..it can take a very long time to get your periods back to normal when on those even if you get some periods they might all be different..i have a friend who it took 2 years to get it on her own..you might wanna call your gyno and see if you can get a medication called provera..it will help you to start your period..of course if you have a negative prengnacy test! I think you would be safe to try one now! Try with your first morning urine! Good luck!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
August 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks all. Tested this morning. Negative. If I don't get AF by next Sunday I'll test again and then think about giving my gyno a call.
August 29th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Awe!! :hugs: so sorry about your negative test!! I'd still test in a few days though if AF hasn't arrived. I hope either way you get the answer you need at this point. I know how the 'waiting game' can get so frustrating
August 30th, 2010, 04:43 PM
So I could have swore I was going to get AF today. I started cramping in my lower right side and back, which is sort of strange because I never get back cramps with my period. And my nipples have been a bit sore. Again, a symptom I never get. But all of this started this morning and still no sign of her.
Since I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant, I hope I get it soon, otherwise it means my cycles are still really out of whack.
August 30th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Have you tried testing with a digital test? Those are pretty accurate!! I hope this is it for you girl and you get your BFP!!!!
August 31st, 2010, 01:05 PM
I have not tried a digital. I first tested with a Target brand one, but then I read on here not to trust blue dyes, so I got a FRER. Still no period, also no more cramping. No idea what's going on with me basically. I'll probably test Friday or Saturday if I still don't have my period.
August 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Good luck! hope this is it for you!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search